Zero calorie, fat, carb, and sugar foods!

Options
There is a brand called Walden Farms that I have discovered. From what I've found at grocery stores, they only seem to sell is some of the salad dressings. However, their website online, ' Waldenfarms.com ' has many other things all calorie, carb, fat, and sugar free. They have salad dressings, veggie/chip dips, pancake syrups, coffee creamers, mayonnaise, BBQ sauce, peanut spreads and caramel, chocolate, and marshmallow dips!

I don't have to much in the way of reviews on their products. So far I've only tried a few salad dressings. But they were pretty good.

The only reason I haven't tried more is that it's kind of on the expensive side. Most products are about $5 each. But they can really be great in place of things that are more unhealthy.

If anyone tried anything, or has tried things from them or similar products before, please give your opinion on what's good and what's not! ☺️

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I go through a bottle of the chocolate sauce per week. The caramel is good and the pancake syrup is actually very good. I've heard horrible things about the peanut butter.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I hear it can be a huge hit or miss. I hear strawberry jam and chocolate syrup isn't bad. I also hear they should be charged for war crimes with that peanut butter of theirs.
  • SavannahNoelle97
    SavannahNoelle97 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I go through a bottle of the chocolate sauce per week. The caramel is good and the pancake syrup is actually very good. I've heard horrible things about the peanut butter.

That's unfortunate haha. I was really hoping the peanut butter would be good. But I'll definitely be happy to try the caramel now! And the pancake syrup! Thanks!
  • arditarose
    Options

That's unfortunate haha. I was really hoping the peanut butter would be good. But I'll definitely be happy to try the caramel now! And the pancake syrup! Thanks!

Just use powdered peanut butter if you're looking to cut PB calories.
  • SavannahNoelle97
    Options
    I hear it can be a huge hit or miss. I hear strawberry jam and chocolate syrup isn't bad. I also hear they should be charged for war crimes with that peanut butter of theirs.

Dang. I really was had hopes for that peanut butter. But hopefully I'll some other stuff with turn out good! Thanks!!
  • SavannahNoelle97
    Options

I'm on a really strict sugar free, carb free, low fat diet. So I haven't found any kind of PB I could have. Thanks though!
  • arditarose
    Options

I'm on a really strict sugar free, carb free, low fat diet. So I haven't found any kind of PB I could have. Thanks though!

Low fat and low carb? Medical reasons?
  • SavannahNoelle97
    Options

It is prescribed by a doctor. It's mostly just to lose a lot of weight very quickly for a short period of time.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

It is prescribed by a doctor. It's mostly just to lose a lot of weight very quickly for a short period of time.

Your doctor put you on a sugar free and carb free diet? As in zero?

I'd be seeking a new doctor, pronto.
  • arditarose
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Yep yep
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    The caramel dipping sauce is ok. Kinda watery, artificial tasting, and is in no way as good as the real thing... but it will get you by
  • SavannahNoelle97
    Options

I'm allowed to have foods with less than three grams of carbs per ounce. And two servings of vegetables a day. 5 grams or carbs each. Virtually sugar free. I'm on supplements to make sure my body is getting the nutrients it needs.
  • SavannahNoelle97
    Options
    The caramel dipping sauce is ok. Kinda watery, artificial tasting, and is in no way as good as the real thing... but it will get you by

Awesome!!
  • WinoGelato
    Options

I'm allowed to have foods with less than three grams of carbs per ounce. And two servings of vegetables a day. 5 grams or carbs each. Virtually sugar free. I'm on supplements to make sure my body is getting the nutrients it needs.

How much weight are you trying to lose? Why the rush? And low fat too? Usually if someone is on a low carb diet, fat is high to compensate.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

I'd be skipping the doctors and finding a dietician....
  • SavannahNoelle97
    Options

How much weight are you trying to lose? Why the rush? And low fat too? Usually if someone is on a low carb diet, fat is high to compensate.

It's called a Protein Sparing Modified Fast. I'm eating mostly protein. And I do end up having quite a bit of fat. Depending on the kind of protein I eat (ie: beef is fattier than shrimp or chicken). From my start weight I needed to lose 160 pounds. So far I've lost 14. I struggle a lot with mental disorders. So it's hard for me to stay motivated to lose weight when it happens so slowly and the results don't show quicker. This diet, hopefully will keep me on track long enough to lose a decent amount of weight, where then I can start easing back in with healthier carbs and fats and be able to at least maintain a healthier weight, and hopefully lose a little more as I am able.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Well that too...
  • SavannahNoelle97
    Options

The doctor that I see pairs with a nutritionist, psychologist and an exercise management provider.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

It's called a Protein Sparing Modified Fast. I'm eating mostly protein. And I do end up having quite a bit of fat. Depending on the kind of protein I eat (ie: beef is fattier than shrimp or chicken). From my start weight I needed to lose 160 pounds. So far I've lost 14. I struggle a lot with mental disorders. So it's hard for me to stay motivated to lose weight when it happens so slowly and the results don't show quicker. This diet, hopefully will keep me on track long enough to lose a decent amount of weight, where then I can start easing back in with healthier carbs and fats and be able to at least maintain a healthier weight, and hopefully lose a little more as I am able.

You have mental issues with weight not coming off quickly enough,so your doctor put you on a VLCD with risks of dehydration, nutrient deficiencies and discourages aerobic activity? And what impact would these drastic measures have on your mental health? When you are consuming less than 1000 calories a day, how does that impact you psychologically?

OP I'm not trying to be mean. I'm truly shocked that a medical professional would prescribe this diet for someone. I strongly urge you to visit a registered dietician (not a nutritionist) and look for an approach which will enable you to lose weight at a safe rate (2lbs a week, maybe 3 if under a dietitians program) and provide you adequate nutrition and an approach that isn't so restrictive that it can't possibly be sustained for the long term.

• SavannahNoelle97
    Options

You have mental issues with weight not coming off quickly enough,so your doctor put you on a VLCD with risks of dehydration, nutrient deficiencies and discourages aerobic activity? And what impact would these drastic measures have on your mental health? When you are consuming less than 1000 calories a day, how does that impact you psychologically?

OP I'm not trying to be mean. I'm truly shocked that a medical professional would prescribe this diet for someone. I strongly urge you to visit a registered dietician (not a nutritionist) and look for an approach which will enable you to lose weight at a safe rate (2lbs a week, maybe 3 if under a dietitians program) and provide you adequate nutrition and an approach that isn't so restrictive that it can't possibly be sustained for the long term.

I have to drink more than 64 oz of water a day so I don't get dehydrated. I'm on supplements so there aren't any nutritional deficiencies. And who said they discourage exercise. I'm supposed to exercise 5-6 days a week. I go to the gym often and use weights to avoid losing any muscle mass. And I do at least 30 min cardio.