Calling all Vegetarians / Veggos

Options
I'm worried about having to many carbs in my diet and too much dairy... Thoughts on how to eat better as a vego?

Add me as a friend! (Emma, 21, F, Australia)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Without knowing what you eat now, it's hard to recommend what you could do to eat "better." If you want to eat less dairy, eat less dairy. If you want to eat fewer carbohydrates, eat fewer carbohydrates. Not to sound flip, but you can find plant-based foods with higher protein and fat levels. What is your goal for carbohydrates?
  • ragonzalez328
    ragonzalez328 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Emma! What is a normal day look like for you as far as your food intake? I am a vegetarian myself slowly creeping to vegan and I can understand the issue your having.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    If you find you're having too much carbs and dairy in your diet, then substitute some of the carbs and dairy with protein like nut butters or other non dairy sources of protein such as beans.

That said, why do you think you have too much dairy or carbs?
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary, if you want to look. I'm staying to around 1200-1400 calories on most days. I am really liking the FairLife milk. It has extra protein because it is concentrated. Helps me with my protein needs. Beans, lentils, chickpeas, yogurt, veggies, eggs, nut butters, seeds-- I get protein from these without too many carbs.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary, if you want to look. I'm staying to around 1200-1400 calories on most days. I am really liking the FairLife milk. It has extra protein because it is concentrated. Helps me with my protein needs. Beans, lentils, chickpeas, yogurt, veggies, eggs, nut butters, seeds-- I get protein from these without too many carbs.

I think it's interesting Fairlife is own by Coca-Cola. I don't think the Fairlife milk is much different than normal milk, tbh. All milk is fortified with Vitamin D. But if you want to buy it, that's ok.