High fat, high protein macro ratio

Options
Hi,
I'm looking to make friends who follow a high fat high protein macro ratio.
I've put on a lot of weight since getting an office job and now starting to get my bum moving and doing a mixture of hiit and liss training.
I need some inspiration on what meals to eat / daily meal plans. So if anyone can help please send me a message / friend request if you have a diary I can view :)
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• pvignard
    pvignard Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'd be interested if you get some tips/ideas as well! I'm trying to maintain weight & change eating habits to switch towards lower sugar, higher fat & prot. foods to build muscle (combined with 4x a week gym work-out) but I am having troubles finding food that would suit that...

For now, eating chicken and eggs a lot, but I want to diversify a bit!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Bad combo. You want a low carb, high fat, MODERATE Protein diet. Too much Protein will cause much of it to be converted to sugar - bad idea.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about fiber. For me, it keeps me nice and full. I also like whole grains, barley, beans, quinoa, sweet potatoes.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how high you're going on each but feel free to look at my diary. I think it's public.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    I think mine is public, but I'm just starting to log again. I'll admit that mine is relatively boring as I eat pretty much the same 3-4 meals all the time. The carbs that I do end up eating are generally from fruits and veggies with very little grain.

Main courses:
    1) 7-8oz chicken, 1.5oz goat cheese, .5-1 avocado with some balsamic vinegar on top
    2) 8-10oz top sirloin steak (very lean cut)
    3) 3 links of either apple chicken sausage, or spinach&bell pepper chicken sausage.
    4) Just started adding in a premade Costco chicken/bean burrito with sour cream and mango salsa

Side dishes:
    1) 3 servings (270g) of mixed veggies
    2) 133g of chunk pineapple & 167g of cottage cheese
    3) 100g of raspberry & 167g of Oikos greek yogurt

breakfast for me is usually iffy as to whether I eat it or not. Most of the time it's just a banana, but I've been exceptionally hungry as of late with my recent calorie deficit, so I just bought some instant (high fiber) oatmeal to make at the office.

Add in about 12-16cups of water and that's pretty much my diet. I'll allow myself to splurge on a bowl of plain vanilla ice cream fairly often too.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    pvignard wrote: »
    Hello, I'd be interested if you get some tips/ideas as well! I'm trying to maintain weight & change eating habits to switch towards lower sugar, higher fat & prot. foods to build muscle (combined with 4x a week gym work-out) but I am having troubles finding food that would suit that...

For now, eating chicken and eggs a lot, but I want to diversify a bit!

If your goal is muscle building why are you limiting carbs?
  • angies240
    angies240 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I consume high fats & protein macro. Although I never achieve my protein macros..without going over my calories it's hardly possible. Suggestions welcome.
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Please join the low carb group on this site. Scroll down on the main page to see the link. Members follow all kinds of different LC plans and we are a very accepting and supportive group.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Yi5hedr3 wrote: »
    Bad combo. You want a low carb, high fat, MODERATE Protein diet. Too much Protein will cause much of it to be converted to sugar - bad idea.

First, the idea that excess protein can cause high blood sugar is primarily supported by studies conducted ~100 years ago and is considered controversial. Second, this only becomes an issue for those consuming a low carb diet. If one is consuming an adequate number of carbs, then the body has no need to convert aminos to sugar. In other words, your low carb diet is the reason why you need to consume less protein. Third, "you want" strongly suggests that you believe your way is the right/only way. Without knowing the OP's goals, how could you possibly know what macro ratio would best suit him/her? How many low carb bodybuilders or powerlifters do you know?
    angies240 wrote: »
    I consume high fats & protein macro. Although I never achieve my protein macros..without going over my calories it's hardly possible. Suggestions welcome.

Fish, lean meats (turkey, chicken), whey protein.

Why lean meats when they want high fats?