Carnivore to 90% Herbivore

Options
SAR1L
SAR1L Posts: 51 Member
edited January 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I was raised, midwest, steak, potatoes n gravy, a ranch dressing salad, or mac n cheese.

I like robust, chunky, stereo typed "manly foods".

I don't want to go full vegetarian cause I enjoy meat, and don't want to deprive myself of it completely.
However I am also the type of guy that loves to eat things raw... raw veggies, raw sushi, just as close
to off the bone, out of the ground as possible, if I was an dog I would be picking up that "wild blue" dog food if you get the idea..

Yet I am a seasoning freak, and hate feeling like I am eating the same damn salad.

So any of you have any places that you recommend as good for meat eaters trying to transition to veggies,
that still has that robust, rustic, rough, natural feel, but plenty of good ways to switch it up?

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies are toxic because of the Lectins and Phytates - always cook them. Sushi is great if you want parasites.
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Veggie grill! They're entirely plant-based, and have foods ranging from salads, to burgers, and even a chicken and mashed taters/gravy plate! I think it's great for anyone transitioning, or expiramenting with plant-based meals!
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    If you cook at all or are willing to give some simple things a try......Cut up some veggies in chunks ( I like a lot of root veggies) like red or golden beets, turnips, carrots, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, chunks of onions, asparagus etc. drizzle a little olive oil and mix, put on a baking sheet. You can add herbs, spices, cloves of garlic to your liking. I also add either cut up red potatoes or sweet potatoes. Put in preheated oven, bake. Filling and tasty. I also like chili made without meat. Grilled portobello mushroom caps on a Kaiser roll, 'dress' the mushroom up with sautéed onion rings and/or blue cheese or Swiss cheese.....
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Make some tacos using pinto beans instead of meat. :)
    Or try one of these black bean recipes:
    http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2014/12/50-awesome-vegan-black-bean-recipes.html