How long does it take you to eat a meal?

Options
This is a slight variation on a question I posted here (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10313588/how-long-does-it-take-you-to-eat-a-meal).

I am wondering how long it takes you to eat a meal, and am particularly interested in hearing from people who have difficulty gaining weight (not someone who is on a bulk).

I would like to compare responses in this thread to the ones in the previous thread because I am curious whether people who find it hard to gain weight eat slower than those who don't.

I had 400cals worth of porridge for breakfast (made with milk).

I happened to notice the time on a clock before and after eating and it took me 7 minutes to eat the entire bowl, which seemed awfully fast.

How long do your meals take ?

Replies

• Zeus727
    Zeus727 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If I eat quick I have more chances of throwing up(my metabolism sucks) so I take my time 10-20 minutes to eat.Gaining weight isn't hard until you can't hit your macros.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    20-30 min.

I eat a lot of carbs and each meal covers an entire plate. I remember in school I would throw out most of my food so I could go out to the playground with my friends who finished their food must faster than me.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    15-30 minutes if I have time to enjoy my food. I love eating in front of my computer and play on IG to kinda make the food last longer. I'm a pretty mindful eater I guess you could say
  • KR226
    KR226 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. It depends on how big the meal is, whether or not I'm having a conversation, how much time I have, and how hungry I am.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    15-30 minutes if I have time to enjoy my food. I love eating in front of my computer and play on IG to kinda make the food last longer. I'm a pretty mindful eater I guess you could say

I do this too. I tend to eat fast so I like to mess around with something or drink hot tea with it to make it last longer. I would have finished that bowl of porridge or whatever in less than 7 minutes probably, unless I really tried to stretch it out.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    When I eat snow crab legs, it is an over an hour... Everything else 15 minutes..
  • sksmith704
    sksmith704 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat very slow. People tend to think that I'm being and diva and picking over my food but I honestly cannot eat fast without feeling grossed out and sick
  • mixa4u
    mixa4u Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Very fast eating rice and pasta ~800cals in 3-5mins. Not really enjoy eating, but that needs to bench and squat hard :blush:
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I eat fast most times, because I usually eat when I'm really hungry.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    It depends on the meal - does it require lots of chewing? Are the vegies raw or cooked? Is there lots of meat? Is it cereal/porridge? Am I using chopsticks or cutlery? Am I eating with people or on my own? Am I in a rush to do something else?
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've always been a fast eater. Can clear a cooked meal in 10 minutes.
    My little brother eats even faster than me and will steal food off your plate through any means necessary, so you had to eat fast in my house.