Staying motivated when you aren't losing?

Options
I've had one of those weeks where I maintained when I was expecting to lose. It has given my motivation a massive kick. I have a binge/cheat day to blame where I went a bit wild.

How do you stay motivated when the weight isn't shifting as quickly as you would like?

Replies

• janenightingale
    janenightingale Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Put it in the past and look forward. I lost two pounds last week and 'gained' it all again on Monday WTF? Make a graph with weight up the Y axis and weeks across the x access. What's your average loss per week? Work out from start to where you will finish if you maintain that loss and draw straight line. Then log each week where you are. To start with, water weight loss will probably ensure you are beneath the line. However, even if in a few weeks you creep up toward the line again, or even go over, you can still look from the beginning and see the TREND is the right way. I'm sure there are tools on here that do effectively the same thing but pen and paper helps me the most!
  • Reneebycakes
    Reneebycakes Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I could see if you did everything perfectly but you know why it happened so why be demotivated? Stay on track and do better this week.
    Think about your goals. Are you just looking for a smaller # on the scale or are you also working towards being more healthy, fit, etc. Measure your success on other ways like body measurements, fitness goals met, sizes lost, etc. Its about the long term, not just this week.