Trying to gain more

Options
MrJohnnyG
MrJohnnyG Posts: 3 Member
:# Trying to figure out the best foods to eat and best exercises to do in order to gain some muscle.
Always looking for new friends to add and share their diary with me

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Any food that you enjoy that are high in calories will help. In reality its the calories, not the type of foods, that provide weight gain.

Adding nuts, oils, ice cream, protein or milk shakes, bagels, pasta with meat sauce, dairy, etc...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    best foods are the ones you like to eat and allow you to hit your calorie suprlus. milk and beer are excellent liquid calories that help get you to the "surplus" state.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats are my best friend right now. Great source of carbs a little protien a little fat.

As for exercises if you want to gain I'd probably get on a lifting routine. Either find one or you could make one. If you make one you should probably do a split (3,4,5, or 6 days depending on your time and how hard you want to lift). For example right now I'm doing a 4 day split.

Day 1: chest triceps
    Day 2: legs
    Day 3. Shoulders and traps
    Day 4: back and biceps.
  • MrJohnnyG
    MrJohnnyG Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • lejek10
    lejek10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You may be interested in blending some whey protein with oats. I always drink a shake for my breakfast, tend to blend 40g of Whey Protein, 130g of oats and 500ml of milk (I also add some dextrose for extra quick release carbs). This gives me a total of 1,100 calories to start my day of. Current intake at around 3600 aiming to gain around 4-5 kgs in the next 12 weeks.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Blueberry bagels covered in cream cheese with a protein shake is a quick snack I do pretty often.