got friends? need another?

Megkynaf
Megkynaf Posts: 18 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hey y'all my name is Meg and i live in Snellville Ga. i was on MFP a while back and i did wonderfully, but then i drifted off and got busy as we all do, but then i got complacent and started making excuses. excuses like I'm too busy today to go to the gym, i don't have a sitter for my son, I'm too tired today ill go tomorrow, its late I'll just grab something to eat on the way home. i had lost nearly 100 lbs and well, guess what? I've gained all but about 10 of that back.
i have a 6 year old son and what he thinks of me means more than anyone's opinion of me. Recently i went to check into the new planet fitness they just built here. i brought my son with me, we took a tour of the facility and at the end i decided it was worth it to get a membership. on the way home from getting the membership my son said to me "momma I'm glad you going to the gym now. that way you can get healthy and you can play with me more and not get tired" well this about broke my heart. This simple and honest statement made me feel like a horrible mom. Now, i know I'm not a bad mom, but i could be a better, healthier one.
I decided that this year and the next and the next and every year after i need to be absolutely honest with myself and stop making those easy excuses.
So here's were y'all come in. i have support in my life, but my support system consists of a bunch of people who don't really know what its like to be 100+ pounds overweight. i have a wonderful mother that doesn't realized that her good intending words sometimes hurt. I have a husband that says he'll help, but then goes out for five guys burgers and asks if i want anything lol and if you have ever been to five guys "hell yes i want something but i don't need it dang it" (the struggle is real) I have a bunch of absolutely fantastic friends that support everything i do but not one of them is over a size 11.
I need some people that are in or have been in my boat. Some people who understand that some days are harder that others and who know there are days where you slip up and fall down. i need people that don't mind being that helping hand or voice of reason. I need some folks to keep me honest with myself and help keep me accountable. So, that said, if you want to join me on my journey hit me up. I promise i give as good as i get..

Replies

• Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Very open and Honest meg, I think you are a good mom and have courage for even posting. I am amazed at your previous loss and would love to hear more. I will always encourage you. I have 65 pounds to go, am down 30 now. WE CAN DO THIS!
    Rob
  • katieclon
    katieclon Posts: 43 Member
    I'll add you, Meg!