Super Easy Protein Bars

Options
xxmzangel
xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
I don't know if this might have been posted before, but I just tried making the toasted coconut vanilla ones and they came out delicious! I found this when I was searching for recipes last night, and I just love how you can pretty much use whatever kind of ingredients you have to make them to your liking. :happy:

Seriously, they're delicious. I have an attempt at some chocolate chip cookie ones in the freezer right now. Try it.

Toasted Coconut and Vanilla Whey Protein Bars:

1/2 cup Vanilla Whey
1/4 cup of Flaked Coconut (try toasting your own!)
1/4 cup of Coconut Flour
1/4 cup of Milk
30 grams melted 85% Dark Chocolate

Nutrition facts will depend on specific brands used, but the site has them at:
212 calories, 13 grams of fat, 8.8 grams of carbohydrates, and 13.6 grams of protein

Step 1 ///
Select your protein powder and add a type of flour to it. Makes sure to select a flour that can be eaten raw: coconut flour, almond flour, or a grain-based flour like oat flour or quinoa flour are all good choices.

Step 2 ///
Bind the powder and flour with milk. You can use cow's milk, coconut milk in a carton, or a tasty nut milk like almond milk. If you want, you can also add nut butter. You want to add enough liquid, (and nut butter if you like), to make the batter come together like dough. The goal is to end up with a batter that you can form into bars with your hands.

Step 3 ///
Shape the above batter into bars.

If, after mixing your ingredients, your batter is too moist or sticky to mold, add a tiny bit of coconut flour or casein powder until you get the desired consistency. You want to be able to shape the bars, so getting the batter dry enough is essential.

If, after mixing your ingredients, the batter is too dry, add a bit of milk until you get the desired consistency. Don't make it too liquid-y though, or you'll have to go back to adding flour.

Step 4 ///
Melt some chocolate. Once it's melted, dunk the bars in the chocolate or pour it over the bars.

Step 5 ///
Place bars in the freezer for at least 30 minutes and BOOM! They're ready to pack up and take with you or you can eat them on the spot!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/diy-protein-bars-healthy-bars-in-5-easy-steps.html

Replies

• gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! Can't wait to try it.
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sound delish! Definitely going to try these. Thanks for posting!
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!
  • hollie0908
    hollie0908 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please share how the chocolate chip ones turned out. I'd be interested in the recipe!
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I tried these a few months ago from a similar recipe in a mag, could not stomach these at all, very hard to eat, loved the consistency but not at all tasty.

:(