Can you sustain a healthy and balanced diet? Social experiments

Options
I am a qualified to NVQ level 2 in health and nutrition.
I have a blog that I have recently started to test certain claims to being healthy to either prove or dispel any rumours or fiction about them.
Most recently I am trying to disprove that you can sustain a healthy balanced diet whilst testing various vegetarian diets! I'm positive some you can... Others... Nah! Fruitarian...

https://challengechaloner.wordpress.com/2016/01/11/fruitarian-s-not-for-me/

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    you can't maintain a balanced diet while doing any diet that eliminates certain macro-nutrients...because it then ceases to become balanced.

Fruitarian diets eliminate all kinds of nutrition...other vegetarian/vegan diets, when done properly are very easily able to be balanced and healthy though most vegetarians/vegans will probably need supplementation for certain nutrients...particularly B12.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Do the challenges if you think it's fun, but you don't have to actually go through it to understand that it's going to be unpleasant. Read up on quality sources what a balanced diet means and you'll save yourself some trouble and detours - if your goal is to find a sustainable diet and lifestyle, that is.