5'7 young adult 165 pound ladies??

Options
2»

Replies

• megjay18
    megjay18 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'8". right now i'm at 166 with a plan to reassess my goals when i hit 150. i was 135 in high school, so that might be my next step, but we'll see how i feel at 150. i gained a bunch of weight after having two kids and now that i'm done with kids/pregnancies, i'm super focused on getting in shape and staying there.

ps. is 32 considered young adult? :)
  • danigrl8
    danigrl8 Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm the same! I lost 13 lbs last year and i think i gained about 5 back since having knee surgery. So i need to get back on track! I would like to lose 15-20 lbs by september because i'll be in my brother's wedding. I need all the support i can get.
  • amber68rose556
    amber68rose556 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hiya, i'm 21 and in the 180's at 5 ft 7, if anyone wants to add me feel free, i eat about 1200 kcals a day and my diary is open! :)
  • RaeRee
    RaeRee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5 ft. 6.5 inches. 161 lbs.

My first goal is to get to 155. Then once I get there, if I want to lose a little more it will be 150. A little over a year ago I was at 147 lbs. I felt (and looked! :) ) awesome. I see a lot of ladies here around the same height want to get to 130 lbs or so, but with my body-type I'd look way too thin at that weight. I hope everyone here is successful with their goals, but keep in mind it is about much more than the number on the scale. It's about how you feel and your health. If I feel great and am healthy at 155, then so be it. No need to kill myself for another 5 lbs.
  • eosborne27
    eosborne27 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'8 and weighing in at 165 these days! Yikes!! My youngest just turned 2 so I am not sure if that counts as "baby weight" anymore. I would love to get back to 140. If anyone is looking for new friends feel free to add me, I could def use the motivation.
  • mscallorn
    mscallorn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'4 and started at 160 last week. Currently I'm at 156 ❤️ with a goal weight of 130 by March! I ultimately would like to get back to prebaby weight of 112! Feel free to add me!
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hey. Anyone here using starting a family as inspiration? Husband and I are not quite sure if we want kids, but I know that I don't want to even start trying until I am in the lower end of the BMI range. I also don't even want to think about kids until I'm 30 haha. So, I know that is a big inspiration for me to get fit - I turn 30 in 2 years. I also really want to update my wardrobe, but feel like it would be so much more enjoyable if I were a size 4 or 6 instead of a 10 like I am now.

What are your goals? General health? Looking good? Etc...?
  • bspang24
    bspang24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 or 5'8 and148 lbs first thing in the morning. Looking to lose 10-15 lbs. I'm 25 and a size 8/10.
  • lucyee
    lucyee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm 26, 5'7 about 160lbs, having lost about 40lb last year. I think I want to get to about 140lb, but in no hurry and may reassess on the way down as I'm more focussed on body comp than numbers - happy to make friends with anyone with similar goals.
  • MrsJW16
    MrsJW16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!
    I'm 5'5"ish and currently 150lbs. My goal weight is 125. I had my second baby 4 months ago (18months apart) and am working on losing the baby weight plus some I put on before I was pregnant. Definitely glad to meet people with similar goals!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and a half, and I weigh 156. About 7 months ago I weighed 125. I have my wedding in November. But I'd love to lose all that I've gained quickly. My fiance doesn't mind it and doesn't speak negatively about it. But I want to show him he's worth losing the weight over and be back on his arm for him to show off. As I have been very self conscious seen the gaining of weight. I could really use the motivation, I've never had to diet before in my life (age & metabolism are catching up to me) so this has been very very difficult for me.

Hi Nicole - since you're 20, and your metabolism only changes about 2% per decade, it's more likely that what happened is a change in your lifestyle caught up with you. That good news, as changing how much you eat and how much you move is under your control :)
  • jb06592
    jb06592 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    erinc5 wrote: »
    Hey. Anyone here using starting a family as inspiration? Husband and I are not quite sure if we want kids, but I know that I don't want to even start trying until I am in the lower end of the BMI range. I also don't even want to think about kids until I'm 30 haha. So, I know that is a big inspiration for me to get fit - I turn 30 in 2 years. I also really want to update my wardrobe, but feel like it would be so much more enjoyable if I were a size 4 or 6 instead of a 10 like I am now.

What are your goals? General health? Looking good? Etc...?

My goals are very similar!! We want start a family in about two years, but I want to be healthy and ready for it. I also would like a new wardrobe and to feel great in what I wear! I would also like to be able to start jogging or running. I'm still out of shape!
  • madalaine85
    madalaine85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    5'6 and 165, age 30 (I feel like a young adult, does that count? ) I have gained a d lost the same 15-20 pounds 20 times. When I get up around 165 I think oh crap I gotta do something! I get down to 145-150 and then gain the weight back. I got down to 139 once and felt great so that's what I'm shooting for. I just want to be able to say I'm in the 130s. I'd love to lose it by my birthday in may.