106 Degrees and 60-minute walk

Options
calbadger
calbadger Posts: 283 Member
The cool breeze helped, but wow! it was a challenge starting out. So very glad I did it though.

Replies

• misscharleygirl
    misscharleygirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ugh...isn't the heat a killer? I live in Scottsdale (Phoenix, Arizona) and it's about the same temperature-wise here. I get done with those walks and just feel drained (but accomplished, all the same).

Congrats on getting through it!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Ugh...isn't the heat a killer? I live in Scottsdale (Phoenix, Arizona) and it's about the same temperature-wise here. I get done with those walks and just feel drained (but accomplished, all the same).

Congrats on getting through it!

Burner here in ABQ as well. I still made my 6x 1/4 mile sprints today, but it was brutal with temps at 102*
  • jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Well done and make sure you stay hydrated. I struggle with it and I drink a lot of water, all day! I'm in AZ Also. There is no cool breeze, it's like the breeze when you open a hot oven. I can't wait for monsoon season!
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    119 here today
  • calbadger
    calbadger Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I work in Sacramento, and we often get an ocean breeze up the Sacramento Delta in the early evenings. That doesn't help at noon though. My best to all of you.
  • davisb2012
    Options
    I live in Phoenix and this is supposed to be the hottest weekend in a long while. I would recommend walking at night, if you are in a decent neighborhood, or early morning!!
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    I live in Phoenix and this is supposed to be the hottest weekend in a long while. I would recommend walking at night, if you are in a decent neighborhood, or early morning!!

I remember about 5 years ago it got up to 122. Now that sucked.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Nice. It's why I joined the gym. My problem isn't really that it's 90 degree, but the 60% humidity is a killer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!