Weight loss too slow? Motivation tips

I just wanted to share an old tip for anyone thinking a 2lb weight loss 'is not much' and things are happening too slow...
Weigh 2lb worth of household items, full mineral water bottle, tins of beans...whatever, stick them in a bag and FEEL how much that actually is, you'll be surprised! It's actually quite heavy!
Any other tips?

Replies

• tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    cool idea! i'm gonna go find 24 pounds worth of stuff...
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    love this image! I have 30 of these handfuls gone!

lzo7tlt0uyn8.jpg
    fat.jpg 27.9K
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Sometimes I visualize 5 lb bags of potatoes as a measure of what I've lost. Try it next time you are at the grocery store!

Also, the combined weight of my niece and nephew (they're twins) equals what I've lost so far. Every time I pick both of them up at the same time (and it's tough!!), I remind myself that I used to carry that much weight on my body!
  • MaxPower6868
    MaxPower6868 Posts: 220 Member
    One meal didn't make me fat; one meal won't make me skinny.
  • Leka1000
    Leka1000 Posts: 160 Member
    Following...
  • RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    I loved reading this. A couple of weeks ago I stepped on the scale holding my daughter and with clothes on and it showed the number of my weight before I started. I realised that I had lost the weight of a 1yo person and she's kind of heavy for me to lift.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    I bought 125 pounds of pet food at Costco the other day and as I was pushing the cart out to the car I realized I used to carry that much extra weight on me and I didn't even have wheels to help move me along!
  • LindaBader1
    LindaBader1 Posts: 3 Member
    love the fact that the large bags of cat food & kitty litter isn't difficult for me carrying upstairs to my apt now but still have a long goal ahead of me still. can use all the motivation out there. New to this site pls add me Need all the support.
  • benboyd85
    benboyd85 Posts: 60 Member
    I have been having some trouble staying focused on my goals starting out the new year. I have come a long way, but I still want to keep being better, and not get complacent. I found this article to be helpful https://www.myliporidex.com/blog/how_to_set_your_goals_and_stay_motivated/
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    My doctor suggested that I pick up 28 pounds of butter at the store, since that's closer in density to what I've lost. It's an amazing thought. I also think of it every time I carry heavy groceries up the stairs.
  • Kay2016Sexy
    Kay2016Sexy Posts: 26 Member
    These are all great motivational support stories, especially for me being new! I can't wait to share my store one day too! Thank you all for sharing these!
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Great comments and tips everyone!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    I love these tips! I'll have to remember them when I have motivation issues!! Hopefully I'll come up with some to share too!
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    This is a fantastic thread to read!
  • bletvink
    bletvink Posts: 3 Member
    Love this! I need to lose weight equal to my 2 year old. It'll be nice to think of the weight in visual and concrete terms!!!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    I love this idea!