Going over Carbs

Options
Even tho I am still losing weight, I keep going over my carbs and it's depressing. I recently lowered my daily requirements so naturally my carb allotment goes down.

Does anyone else have this problem? What are your solutions?

:frown:

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My solution would be to eat less carbs, and by implication more fat or protein for the same calories.

Your diary isn't open but looking down the carbs column it is usually easy to spot the culprit(s).
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Repeat after me: Carbs are not the enemy. Let results and health be your guide.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I usually blow my carbs during PMS...i just try harder the next day. Eat more protein and full fats. I find when I watch my carbs, my calorie count naturally stays low. No, carbs may not be the enemy, but 300g of carbs daily can be.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I customized my macro settings. Also, carbs aren't the devil...the most important thing is hitting your calorie goals...it shouldn't be depressing, your macro ratios aren't something that is set in stone.
  • wynn217
    wynn217 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    How can I get you to see my diary?
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I set my carbs goal at 90 but I prefer to keep to 60 or less.
    Even though the idea is to up the fat I really can't do that as it just makes me feel sick but I do keep an eye on the protein as that's the healthy stuff.

Open diary by going to your profile and changing the settings.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Even though the idea is to up the fat I really can't do that as it just makes me feel sick but I do keep an eye on the protein as that's the healthy stuff.

Have you tried using full fat mayo, eating avacadoes, things like that? I have started using extra virgin olive oil too...I don't eat fattier, just full fats, does that make sense? No fat free, no 'light'...nothing like that.
  • amyllu
    Options

Have you tried using full fat mayo, eating avacadoes, things like that? I have started using extra virgin olive oil too...I don't eat fattier, just full fats, does that make sense? No fat free, no 'light'...nothing like that.

Thanks good idea!

Wynn.. I meant go to SETTINGS
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    47g of protein a day is not enough, unless you weigh 57lbs, which I doubt. Also make sure you eat enough fat, doesn't look like you're hitting your fat goal everyday, and the goal is already on the low side
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options

Protein is the healthy stuff ? Could you explain what that means please
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

^^^^^ This....
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Carbs are definitely not the devil, but you're not getting enough protein...so in that RE, you should cut back on some of those carbs..cookies and bread and what not. Those things are pretty calorie dense as well and don't fill you up. More lean proteins...also, where's the veg and fruit?
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My carbs are set for 200 or more /day. If you are losing weight, I guess I don't understand why this is bothering you.

I like the healthy fat idea.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Honey Bunches of Oats With Almonds , 1.5 cup (32 g) etc is your biggest contributor
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

^^This!

Seriously, if you are getting the right kinds of carbs (ie, unrefined, full of fiber, etc), then you should just not worry about it. I aim for 55% of calories from carbs and usually go over, but I also usually stay under my sugar goal (which I morirías, btw--their tiny gola of round 25 g is way too low, especially if you eat fruits and things like carrots and tomatoes), and I usually go over my fiber goal (which I also increased to around 35 or 40). Carbs are fuel. The end.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options

No, I will not repeat after you. For 1/3 of the American population or 70 million people in the U.S., carbs are the enemy due to insulin resistance and insulin resistance is closely related to obesity. Problem is that people rarely get tested even though AMA guidelines recommend that everyone who has 30 pounds to lose should be tested or age 45, whichever comes first. Most doctors wait until you're 60+ extra weight to test.

• GKoz004
    GKoz004 Posts: 87
    Options
    If you're still losing weight, who cares if your carbs are high haha why mess with what's working for you.
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    47g of protein a day is not enough, unless you weigh 57lbs, which I doubt. Also make sure you eat enough fat, doesn't look like you're hitting your fat goal everyday, and the goal is already on the low side

Actually, it probably is fine. Remember, as a lady, she doesn't need quite as much. Also, I would bet she's not doing deadlifts and heavy squats! I am breastfeeding, aiming for about 65 g a day, doing circuit strength, and in a month I increased my LBM by about 4 or 5 lb (while eating at a small deficit; also lost about 8 lb of fat). And I'm vegetarian, so none of that protein was meat. I do use eggs and cheese, but not daily.

So yeah, I'd start planning meals beforehand. Figure out what is a good amount to eat, then go fix and eat that. Limit sweets, and it will help a bunch.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I have had this problem lately and its driving me a bit potty as I've stopped losing weight. For me its mainly bread type products that send me over but I'm struggling to find something quick to make to replace a bit of toast for breakfast, sandwich for lunch etc. Today I did better with the bread but ate lots of fruit which although I'm sure did me some good, put me over on the carbs again argh!
  • amyllu
    Options
    I have had this problem lately and its driving me a bit potty as I've stopped losing weight. For me its mainly bread type products that send me over but I'm struggling to find something quick to make to replace a bit of toast for breakfast, sandwich for lunch etc. Today I did better with the bread but ate lots of fruit which although I'm sure did me some good, put me over on the carbs again argh!

I am exactly the same... bread products put my weight up quicker than anything else! Initially I found it really hard not to have a slice of bread with most things..like cheese on toast for lunch. Now I have very low carb crackers or nothing at all. Cheese & hard boiled egg salad is just as nice without having a slice of bread with it. Amazing what you can get used to if you try hard enough.