Now What ???

Options
Hey everyone! I'm in a tough position right now. I have Lyme Disease and other hard medical issues which are hard to battle. The past month I've been doing great, clean diet and exercise. Losing inches and pounds slowly but surely. I've been sick the past few days, thought it was the flu at first. But no for that. Stomach has been hurting etc. Anyway, just found out its likely the Lyme has now spread to my Spleen and Liver. I love my weight lifting, karate, boxing etc. The past couple of days I've been lost without it. But it hurts to do it now, I'm starting to feel like a failure. "Two steps forward Three steps back".

What should I do? Should I keep fighting this battle? I'm overwhelmed right now.

Replies

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    You focus on healing. You can't do well at your beloved activities if you ignore your health and push through discomfort and pain. Focus on your nutrition goals and do exercise as your body is truly able.
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I dealt with Lyme for a few years. I've been in remission for 3 years now. Continue with the Lyme diet, get input from your LLMD, and look into gentler exercise for now. Yoga is great with Lyme because it helps with the weird joint and muscle issues. You might herx a bit after, but that always told me it was helping. Feel free to add me if you want to talk.