Desire to eat

Options
Hi everyone. Can you give me tips on what has helped you gain an appetitie. I have just started taking weight gainer protein just to make up for the calories i don't get. Im tired alot so I'm not motivated enough to get in the gym. I just want to start small steps. Which is to at least meet the requirement of calorie intake daily. Then push myself to do more. Right now im 94lbs and to get to 110lbs by June i believe i have to intake a minimum of like 2140 calories daily

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Exercise increased appetite.
    Stick to calorie dense foods such as peanut butter, avocado, oils...etc. make a shake with peanut butter, bananas, oats, and add some olive oil. You won't even taste it
  • paulstartup599
    paulstartup599 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Stick to calorie dense foods such as peanut butter, avocado, oils...etc. make a shake with peanut butter, bananas, oats, and add some olive oil. You won't even taste it

Add to that some honey and ground flax seeds - oh, and freeze the banana first - and you've got one delicious shake!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Add to that some honey and ground flax seeds - oh, and freeze the banana first - and you've got one delicious shake!

OP is trying to gain and this suggestion is pretty low calorie ….

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP - I would suggest calorie dense foods that are not that filling like ice cream, bagels, pasta, rice….two servings of talenti gelato is about 500 calories and is easy to get down ...
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Eating low quantities of food for a long time can suppress hunger cues, so even though it sounds counter intuitive, eating more could help you feeling hungry. In addition, if you've been eating relatively low calorie for a while, it may explain why you feel lethargic; again, eating more may give you more energy which will allow you more activity throughout the day.

Focus on higher calorie density foods that allow you to eat more calories without greatly increasing the food volume for now. Here's a good list of calorie dense foods:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods