Maintaining for a week or two

Options
I changed my settings to maintain, should I also change to lightly active from sedentary? I sync MFP with my Fitbit and have negative adjustments set up.

I walk a lot at school (I'm a teacher) and then lift weights 3x week and run 3-4 times a week. I've lost 43 pounds, but I am finding myself losing my steam lately. I just have 7 more pounds to go to hit 120, my original goal. I thought I'd take a little break for a week or two.

Is this how I do it, or should I keep it at sedentary?

Thanks for any advice.

Megan

Replies

• BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I think that is personal preference. I think a lot of people have the consistent activity everyday prefer to pick the activity level selected that aligns to that because they hate to see the consistent positive adjustments. Others who perhaps are more active on some days than others may want to set it lower so they can eat back their exercise calories. I personally hate to see negative adjustments so I set it low and eat back my exercise calories. Negative adjustment will take care of it if you select a setting and it ends up being higher than you think you are. It is really a matter knowing yourself well enough to know which will bother you most, negative or positive adjustments.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    How big is your deficit?

I went to maintaining level some months ago.... and was off with the numbers because i kept on losing weight....Much slower but still i lost weight.
    I slowed it even more and now i eat at a very small deficit...and feel strong energetic and have much more power to do my exercises.
    So for now i leave it that way for some weeks to see what happens

Maybe something to consider, to just up your calories to a very small deficit and see what happens. But up to you what you chose. I wouldn't even change anything in the activity levels because your activity is not what changed...you just want to eat a higher amount of calories. Which means no or a smaller deficit.

95069916.png