Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What Foods Keep You Full The Longest?

As the title says what foods keep you full the longest?

Replies

• Soup!
  • ChocolateMjau
    ChocolateMjau Posts: 19 Member
    eggs, soya.. well, proteins :smiley:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Protein and fat.
  • PhoebeJeebies
    PhoebeJeebies Posts: 15 Member
    Eggs!
  • CupcakesMom2
    CupcakesMom2 Posts: 154 Member
    Soup!

What kinda soup?
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    rice.. preferably with delicious chicken, meat or fish dish.. and veges...
  • tuna pouches
  • spsutton
    spsutton Posts: 5 Member
    Mini-wheats cereal, oatmeal
  • spsutton
    low carb whole wheat tortillas - 12 gm of fiber each
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    I love egg drop soup. It is only like 60-70 calories for a cup of it and it keeps me full for quite a while
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Overall, for most people, the things that tend to correlate to feeling most full in controlled studies:

* Protein tends to be the most sating macro, carbohydrate in between, and fat tends to be the least sating
    * Fiber increases satiety
    * Energy density (more calories per gram) decreases satiety

My favorite sating foods are meats or pastas.
  • nursethis
    nursethis Posts: 10 Member
    Proteins. Eggs are cheap and a large egg is only 70 calories each. A 3 egg omelet with veggies for less than 250 cal. Great way to stay the day and keeps me full till lunch
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    I have discovered this week that a French toast bagel (230 cals) and 5 turkey sausage links (110cals) at 5:30am keeps me full until 12:30pm for lunch. So needless to say, I plan on stocking my fridge until I get sick of it. :lol:

But the sausage has a lot of protein though, so that explains that.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Protein and fat do it for me. Nice and full after a stir fry with lots of meat, some veg, and done with camelina or coconut oil.
  • Everyone saying eggs.. That's not true for me! I'm still starving after I eat eggs, but I still have them everyday anyway..

For me cereal and breads are filling.. But I try to stay away from those. If I have extra calories at the end of the day I use them for cereal lol
  • Tobysgirl212
    Tobysgirl212 Posts: 27 Member
    Salmon
  • spsutton
    I agree with above - eggs do not keep me feeling full for very long - there is protein but not fiber. Also, noodles/pasta (I LOVE!) but after eating a huge plate of spaghetti, in about 45 minutes, I could eat again.
  • EbonyGlitter
    EbonyGlitter Posts: 19 Member
    Eggs work for me but ONLY when I scramble them, better if I had bacon or potatoes but fine on their own. It's so strange how two boiled eggs are nothing to me but two scrambled are perfect. Maybe because I cheese my scrambled eggs?

My favorite filling dinner is tilapia, a baked potato, and mixed veggies. Also makes me feel incredibly healthy since it's nowhere near a cheeseburger...

...but a good old fashioned hunk of beef will do me just fine. I love burgers! Or beef mixed with pasta or a veggie. Probably the fat content.

For snacks, I like cheese sticks paired with a fruit so I get protein and simple carbs together, one for now and one to hold me over til later. Mozzarella and grapes are delicious, or an apple with PB (classic).

I can also subsist on edamame for quite a while. It's a good choice right before a *special* meal - starts eating a little later in the day, snack on edamame and drink plenty of water as you go, have a light meal for lunch and you'll conserve calories for a night out or what have you.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Eggs definitely keep me fullest the longest.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Peanut butter, protein shakes, salad before a meal.