Determined to take control back

Options
Hi there! I am a 37 year old female who is determined to make some changes in my life! I was diagnosed with an auto immune disease this last year & have been battling it for about 5 years. My biggest problem has been the unrelenting fatigue. It is hard to explain, but some days I physically feel I can't even move! I have always been super athletic but with the onset of my feeling sick (and getting injured) I have stopped doing a lot of things I enjoy...and have gained 30 pounds in the mean time! I know the more I put on the harder it will be to get it off, so I am determined to build some new habits and get this weight off, 5 pounds at a time!! I have recently started a gluten free diet (due to being hospitalized & having chronic stomach issues/inflammation) and I feel better so far (not dealing with chronic stomach pain).

I'm looking for encouragement as well as looking to encourage others!! We can do it, one day at a time!!

Replies

• whoffmanz
    whoffmanz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are getting good medical support and finding some solutions/treatment for parts of the obstacles. Feel free to add me as a friend. I never had an issue with weight until I blew out my ACL at age 33. Gained 25lbs and took about seven years to get back in control of my weight.