What did you make for dinner?

Options

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My dinner wasn't low cal or probably hugely healthy but,it was incredibly filling and freaking fantastic. Crockpot Chicken pasta 663 cals per serving.
  • alp_19
    alp_19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I also find it challenging but I'm learning. Tonight I had a pasta primavera with whole wheat penne. Really simple: about 1/4 cup of olive oil, tablespoon of butter, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, a little bit of crushed red pepper, other spices to taste. Then a box of pasta and a ton of veggies (we did a frozen bag of mixed veggies, a half a frozen bag with broccoli, and a bag of fresh stringless snap peas).
  • tinaisstillwell
    tinaisstillwell Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I try to pick one day a week when I have extra time, that I used to spend eating or watching TV and I cook. I'll bake chicken breasts with ribs and skin, and always make more than enough for extra meals. Then I have chicken cooked and can make a quick chicken salad, or a salad with chicken. Today, I used a leftover chicken breast, and made a pesto chicken dish. It was freakin amazing! I found the recipe on dietdoctor.com. I prefer a low carb diet. I don't get hungry, and don't have the need to graze, and I drop weight easier than any other way. It's a win win for me. The website I listed with the ingredients explains the benefits. Also, there is a great book that details the importance of a low carb, high fat diet. Yes, high fat! Your brain needs it. The book is: The Grain Brain. I recommend you check it out.

dlm4mom wrote: »
    I am finding it hard to make quick low calorie meals that do not leave me feeling hungry as soon as I am finished cleaning the kitchen. Tonight I made salmon on the george forman grill with baked sweet potatoes. Maybe some of you who do not find it so difficult can share your menus?
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Quinoa & green onions with grilled chicken, roasted mixed peppers and a homemade protein bar. It was actually my lunch but it was filing.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It was a meatless night and I had tator tot nachos. I baked frozen tator tots and heated canned refried beans. Pretty minimal prep work on anything else. It was filling enough for me.
    I pre-log things so I know when something fits my calorie goal and I adjust my other meals to accommodate. My dinners are usually 400-600 calories.

Get enough protein.
    Add more vegetables. A simple salad with a vinaigrette dressing is pretty low calorie.
    Drink a glass of water with your meal.
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    nrbbk1fbpkjn.png

bunch of left overs

• ReadyWillingEager
    ReadyWillingEager Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Eggplant and tofu stir fry over rice and mixed vegetables. Easy, about 400 cal.
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I took my college daughter out tonight. Pizza then auntie annes pretzels at the mall.
    Obviously I don't handle these kinds of situations well.
  • Grrlonamission94
    Grrlonamission94 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Last night was lentil soup with courgettes, hunk of fresh bread, baked jerk chicken. Altogether 750 calories. I save the bulk of my calories for my evening meal as I can easily stay through the day without eating but I just cannot sleep on an empty stomach.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Last night my husband made a vegetable soup. One large bowl served with 1 tablespoon pesto on top and a slice of bread on the side was less than 350 calories.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Yesterday we had split pea and ham soup, deviled eggs and assorted raw veggies with a spicy dip.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    broccoli and carrots fried covered in a bit of oil till they're soft, with a splash of lemon juice and a sprinkling of italian seasoning
  • bakerj247
    bakerj247 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Steamed broccoli and imitation crab! Steam broccoli 2.5 - 3 minutes in the microwave..toss in the meat..zap it for another 30 seconds. "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" and salt/pepper to taste. Literally less than 5 minutes :-)
    (Sliced deli turkey works well too)
  • avingers
    avingers Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Tonight's dinner was Thai curry vegetables and tofu with cauliflower "rice." 270 cal and super filling!
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Not good
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    barilla protein pasta. 4oz of it. (uncooked) and i am freakin stuffed.
  • misscamp26
    misscamp26 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash with lean ground turkey and marinara sauce- VERY filling and low calorie!
  • PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I eat Keto/LCHF with dinner being my biggest meal.

6 ounces of smoked pulled pork (from Costco so makes several easy dinners)
    2 tablespoons Sugar Free bbq sauce
    10 spears of Asparagus
    1/2 cup broccoli
    Tablespoon of kerry gold butter on the veggies

623 calories, 8 net carbs, 45 grams of fat, 48 grams of protein
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Dinner 6 oz sirloin steak grilled, asparagus grilled mushrooms and onions and kale salad. Why because I planned it, I exercised so I had calories to eat back. In the end I was under my calorie goal.

• mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Borscht (homemade) and perogies (store bought)...one of the kids' favourite meals.