Fatigue?

Has anyone over 40 pounds or just anyone in general that's been starting to really exercise after being less active and cutting back on calories on food felt fatigued? I'm trying to do an hour everyday of exercise sometimes it's two or more. Yesterday I did two hours at the gym and then I believe now I'm feeling fatigued because I wanted to not eat too much after working out so well. I think I needed some more food in me like vegetables and various protein, etc. I thought I was taking it slow but I was so caught up in trying to loose the weight and feel better about myself that I just got exhausted. I think I'm going to have to dial it back a bit I'm not an athlete by any sense lol. Who else is experiencing fatigue or trying to get the hang of workouts and eating?

Replies

• HelenRobertsNZ
    HelenRobertsNZ Posts: 16 Member
    Set some calories aside for protein filled yumminess after the gym. Eating post-workout isn't negating the workout, and if you're hungry and getting tired from hunger then eat! I'm always hungry after the gym.
  • tkosco
    tkosco Posts: 2 Member
    Lots and lots of protein! And try to have some carbs around workout time for some energy. I only do 30 minutes of HIIT everyday.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Eat after you work out. Timing does not really matter.
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    You will get used to it! Sometimes a pre-workout drink can pump you up. It is normal to feel like that if you are working hard "leave it all at the gym! Try to eat some chicken and broccoli after you work out (within an hour) or drink a protein shake.. I have done this before (unfortunately I gained back 50 of the 70 pounds I lost) and feeling tired, hungry and sore is 'the norm'
  • bikinivirgin
    bikinivirgin Posts: 57 Member
    thanks for the feedback I'm getting the hang of this it's taken me longer than I thought but that's okay it's sinking in now and I'm making changes. Good work to all of you kicking butt out there.
  • cathieallicks
    cathieallicks Posts: 2 Member
    I can totally relate. ...feeling all those same things. I also seem to be retaining water, sock lines and hands feel tight when I make a fist. I'm not eating any more sodium than usual, this is new for me.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    It's totally normal to feel fatigued after an hour or two of working out.
    I think one or two hours is a lot.
    There's nothing wrong with resting also, if you feel really tired.
    It's great that you're being active, good for you!
    I like to eat some kind of protein after I workout like nuts, or a light string cheese or a protein shake.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    edited February 2016
    Set some calories aside for protein filled yumminess after the gym. Eating post-workout isn't negating the workout, and if you're hungry and getting tired from hunger then eat! I'm always hungry after the gym.

Me too. I usually bring a cooler with a small container of greek yogurt, nut butter, cottage cheese, or lowfat cheese with fruit or tuna with crackers (protein + carb) with me to the gym so I can have a snack after my workout.

ETA: One of my favorites is apple slices with peanut or almond butter.

Muscle repair begins once the workout ends and the muscles need energy to repair.

http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/best-post-workout-foods
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    You should be eating back a portion of your exercise calories (50-75%, if you're not, no wonder you're feeling fatigued!