iifym plateau?

Options
Hello! I'm 18, 144 pounds and have been eating a 1,200 cal diet with my macros at 40g fat 150 carbs and 60 protein and its almost 2 weeks of following my macros and not seeing any progress at all! I workout at least 15-30 mins 4x a week. I'm just wondering if its too soon for my to start freaking out... Can someone help me and tell me if I should adjust my macros and something?
Or any advice in general would be great! Thanks!:)
I also would enjoy your guys stories with iifym.

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring every thing you put in your mouth?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    If your 5'3, your BMR is 1479. Add in exercise for 30 minutes that's about another 150 calories and then any day to day stuff I'm sure you're over 2000 TDEE. Are you trying to lose more than a 1lbs a week? Is that why you're eating 1200 calories a day?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • anabellasd
    anabellasd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You should change your macros!!! Your protein is really low, having 0.8 g of protein per pound should give you the right number. Try to include 15 min of cardio and 15 of heavy lifting so you can build lean muscle while burning fat. Hope it works ;);)
  • hokagenoob
    hokagenoob Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I AM 5'4 BTW! [ quote="smnarine624;10314237"]Hello! I'm 18, 144 pounds and have been eating a 1,200 cal diet with my macros at 40g fat 150 carbs and 60 protein and its almost 2 weeks of following my macros and not seeing any progress at all! I workout at least 15-30 mins 4x a week. I'm just wondering if its too soon for my to start freaking out... Can someone help me and tell me if I should adjust my macros and something?
    Or any advice in general would be great! Thanks!:)
    I also would enjoy your guys stories with iifym.[/quote]

• hokagenoob
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    Are you weighing and measuring every thing you put in your mouth?

Yes sir, with that young food scale.
  • hokagenoob
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    If your 5'3, your BMR is 1479. Add in exercise for 30 minutes that's about another 150 calories and then any day to day stuff I'm sure you're over 2000 TDEE. Are you trying to lose more than a 1lbs a week? Is that why you're eating 1200 calories a day?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I am 5'4-5'5 ..let's just say 5'5 tbh. I don't really understand BMR and TDEE. but I'm trying to get used to the slow and steady progress but any thing is fine!
  • hokagenoob
    Options
    anabellasd wrote: »
    You should change your macros!!! Your protein is really low, having 0.8 g of protein per pound should give you the right number. Try to include 15 min of cardio and 15 of heavy lifting so you can build lean muscle while burning fat. Hope it works ;);)

I'm scared though! I've tried raising my protein before but felt bulky AF after like 3 days I felt the effect D: should I resist it by a bit
  • adub119
    adub119 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No one gets bulky after 3 days.

• hokagenoob
    Options
    adub119 wrote: »
    I just told u I did therefore,swerve

• cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    anabellasd wrote: »

Agree. Increase protein. And give it more than three days to see results.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Can you clarify what you mean by "felt bulky"? Do you mean you felt as if you put on muscle weight after three days of eating more protein?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm just wondering if its too soon for my to start freaking out...

Yes

I'd also probably recommend upping protein to at least 85 g or so - either at the expense of carbs, or just up your overall calorie goal by 100 calories.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is nothing. Is your period due soon? I only lose weight the week after my period... then I stall until the next one.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

+1 - sorry OP but no
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »

+1 - sorry OP but no

Yeah. The dream of 3 day bulks is real. Not like most people work years for good bulks and woman don't naturally develop overly bulky muscle mass.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Feeling "bulky" after upping protein might just be due to gut motility issues. If you want to try again, drink a bit more water and have a bit more fiber. And wait longer than 3 days (it can take 48 hours or so from food to travel from mouth to elimination).
  • hokagenoob
    Options

Can you clarify what you mean by "felt bulky"? Do you mean you felt as if you put on muscle weight after three days of eating more protein?

Haha no, I felt the fluffy x(
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It is always too early to freak out. There is absolutely no reason to get that stressed over any part of your weight loss/fitness journey.