just starting but feeling a tad discouraged

Options
I was at my biggest in August at 257 I have since lost 30 lbs but I sometimes feel discurraged because I once lost 90lbs and weighed 150lbs wich I loved but I got sick and then quit smoking in 2005 and had a baby in 2009 and got sever panic attacks after some stuff happened long story short i gained a lot and then some now i dont eat breads of any kind or pasta or rice i am gluten free becauae of celiacs and sugar free because diabetes runs in my family i dont do sugar artifical or otherwise i will have a tbs of honey a week at some point i get disscurraged because I now seem stuck at 227 and all i eat is a little meat and tons of veggies a tiny bit of fruit maybe some nuts but stat well below my set calories for the day and i exercise at least 30 mins a day most days i jump on the tranpoline for 1-3 hours with my daughter lol maybe i am just expecting fast results and it takes more time i dunno most of the 30lbs fell of fast within two months and then trickled for the last three what might I be doing wrong?

Replies

• Lisa_Dubh
    Lisa_Dubh Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    One thing I have always struggled with is patience with seeing results. It can be really hard. The way to really think about it is that even if it takes a year to get to your desired weight, that year will have passed anyways. Why not put it to good use in the meantime. I also found that concentrating more on getting fitter as opposed to losing weight has done me the world of good. I don't even log my foods here but I run now 3-4 times a week (on the c25k app) and I'm absolutely loving it. I'm feeling better in my clothes already which is great but I'm seeing that as just being a positive side effect from exercising as much as I do. I also downloaded the 30 day fit app and do all of the exercises each day. There are rest days and it doesn't even take a half hour to do. Definitely recommend :)
  • beeconeofhope
    beeconeofhope Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Lisa_Dubh this helped a lot and gave me some great ideas :D