Does anyone food prep? - looking for tips

Options
pbryd
pbryd Posts: 364 Member
My goals are a long lean gain, so I'm wondering if spending some time prepping my evening meals would be a good idea to save some time and generally make it a bit easier.

I'm thinking about starting simple with some tupperware filled with 150g chicken and 75g rice, to which I can add some fresh salad each night.

What's the recommended no. of days for keeping cooked chicken in the fridge?

Any tips or tricks from other food preppers?

P

Replies

• workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I food prep, but I do it for main evening meals and lunches and for a family of three. But im happy to share with you what i do:

I buy a whole chicken and soup packs (carrots, turnip, onion, leek)

Then I cook the chicken and decide what meals I will make depending on what foods are in my pantry/freezer. Then I cook everything, calorie count it all and store it in my freezer until the day I will eat it.

Last saturday, I make 5 portions of lentil soup, 4 portions of chicken and rice soup for lunches (I also buy salad stuff and make a salad everyday)

Then I made chicken curry using frozen onions and frozen peppers to fill it out. Chicken casserole using some of the veggies from the soup packs (soup packs normally have more than enough to spare the odd 100g of turnip and carrots) and chicken fajitas using peppers that were in my fridge.

My weekly food shop is usually under £35 for 3 people.

Its all about buying the cheap food and planning what you can make around that.