If you win the powerball lottery tonight...

Options
PowerKickChic
PowerKickChic Posts: 108 Member
edited January 2016 in Chit-Chat
Good Luck with tonight's power ball drawing! Please, if you win, start a mission to help this world. You could help end animal abuse, child hunger, poverty, Illness, help disabled veterans...Not only will you make a positive difference in their lives, it will help keep you humble. With that kind of wealth, you will have everything but have nothing without your loved ones and purpose. Much love. Again, good luck!

Replies

• bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    I will be totally amazed, since I am in Germany and unable to buy a ticket.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    No one will know until I secure a Lawyer and a Financial Advisor. Then, only those closest to me, that will benefit, will be told.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    bdgfn wrote: »
    I will be totally amazed, since I am in Germany and unable to buy a ticket.

lol
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    The people that regularly play/win the lottery don't seem to be the subset of the population that is most inclined to do anything productive or meaningful with that kind of money.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, only 6 states allow you to remain anonymous and mine (VA) isn't one of them. Wonder if I could legally change my name, collect lump sum, then change it back? Hmmm...
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I will be splitting it with those who participated in the MFP Lottery Pool.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    The people that regularly play/win the lottery don't seem to be the subset of the population that is most inclined to do anything productive or meaningful with that kind of money.

Sour Grapes

• chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Please, if you win, start a mission to help this world. You could help end animal abuse, child hunger, poverty, Illness, help disabled veterans...Not only will you make a positive difference in their lives, it will help keep you humble.

NO amount of money will "end" any of these things... but it is true you could make a positive difference in many lives.

I'd buy my parents a new home or build on to their existing one if that was their wish, I'd set a huge amount aside for my children. I'd do any and all repairs and or upgrades to my own home. Buy useful vehicles for myself and my family.

Take a real vacation, to a few different places....

Invest and save the rest. Go back to work after my vacation/maternity (baby is due in 3 weeks!)
    Live life without financial worry.
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    I will be splitting it with those who participated in the MFP Lottery Pool.

Wait...there's a MFP Lottery Pool?
  • __Wolf__
    __Wolf__ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    2 chicks at the same time #officespace
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    __Wolf__ wrote: »
    2 chicks at the same time #officespace

Do you plan to buy them??

TR0berts wrote: »
    If I win, I'm going to buy MFP and make it actually work well.

Please don't make us pay for it.... totally don't want to do that...
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    If I win, I'm going to buy MFP and make it actually work well.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I'd buy Tammy down in HR that purse she wants, so she will shut the hell up about it.

Then I would probably buy the Principality of Sealand.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Get a financial adviser and lawyers. Pay my taxes. Than take a chunk of money and have it split among extended family to be used to pay off mortgages, business start ups, what ever. Under the notion unless you where need an expensive cancer treatment or something that was probably it. The rest majority of it I would put to use to generate future capital and jobs. I would pick low risk at first like mini mall development in an up and coming area. Build out to something more risky with time like apartments and housing. Than if that flourishing and I actually have steady good money from something apart from the lottery I would make a business that was a super store for nerds. Like one of those huge outdoorsman shops, but comics, games, collectibles, history. I would set up a main shop that had an area that worked as a flee market in which customers could use a table and sell items. A second floor of rooms that could be rented for gaming, and a snack bar and kitchen to sell to all the hungry gamers.
    But I don't really know I haven't thought about it much. Lol
  • tomy2tone01
    tomy2tone01 Posts: 982 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The first thing you do as a family you would set up a family trust. With a family trust when you pass, the kids have no estate taxes to pay. After that I would give my siblings a chunk and let them distribute as they want. With that they will also know if they blow it don't come back for more. Aint going to happen. I would donate to my church, and the college I am finishing my degree with. My college is a Christian based private college, they helped me I will help them.

After that I would NOT, I say NOT, buy a business. I have owned multi million dollar biz's and would not do it again. I would take the money and invest it properly and live off the interest. HAVE A SH_T LOAD OF FUN!!!!!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I would pay for my kids college, the house and then hookers and blow
  • PowerKickChic
    PowerKickChic Posts: 108 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I appreciate all the responses but the point of this thread was to inspire people to change the world and not just their own life.
    When you are on your death bed, it's not going to matter that you bought that $10,000 couch. The little girl that got fed, the military family that were able to pay their medical bills or the dogs that got saved from your contribution is more important. Make a difference if you have the opportunity to.
    Love.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I'm inspired

1323642517223.gif