Scales

Options
Is it alright if I use an analog scale instead of a digital one? I used analog the first time around losing weight, but my deficit was higher as I weighed more.

Now that it's smaller, according to my mom, I will apparently wipe it out completely if I don't use digital. But I see no use in buying another food scale when I already have two?

Also, extra question. When people say "Abs/weight loss/sexy body is 80% diet and 20% exercise", do they mean what you eat, or how much you eat?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    A digital scale is more accurate. If you decide you'd rather go with a less accurate scale to avoid buying a new one, that's up to you.

You need protein and fat to have a healthy and fit body, so it is somewhat what you eat. But for most of us, how much we eat is the key factor that goes into determining what type of body we have.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I would try to find a digital scale, as it is much more accurate.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    sllm1 wrote: »
    I would try to find a digital scale, as it is much more accurate.

Or I could not weigh at all and guess...because when I do that I overestimate naturally, A LOT. And then after a week or two I will start to feel ill and wonder why. :blush: Then randomly weigh a meal and discover I've been undereating. :no_mouth: Just kidding. Can't do that anymore.