PSMF

Options
Has anyone else tried one?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Only for a powerlifting meet. It was rough. You'll gain at least 5 pounds back immediately after stopping it, there's no way around that.

If you're not trying to make weight there's no reason to put yourself through that. Although it is supposed to be muscle sparing, you're also not supposed to workout during it. Just stick to a reasonable deficit, it's easy and works.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    If you're not trying to make weight there's no reason to put yourself through that. Although it is supposed to be muscle sparing, you're also not supposed to workout during it. .

You're not supposed to start working out if you haven't already; otherwise a reasonable amount of exercise is permitted. It's a tough regime, but for some people it's worth it.
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I did lyle McDonald's rfl back in 2008 or so, I definitely lost a considerable amount of weight in a short period of time. I wasn't even overweight yet in that period of my life. I will say shortly after that was when I started putting on all the weight I have gained. Sometimes i wonder if rfl messed with my metabolism or if it was purely lifestyle changes that lead to my weight gain.