what to say?

Options
my husband was recently diagnosed with an extremely low testosterone level and is now on hormone therapy. he has been working-out for 2 years at the gym, but only since his injections has his work started to "show" on his body. now everyone is commenting on how "big" he is, and some people have asked if he is doing steroids. we haven't told anyone about his hormone injections and feel it's rude for anyone to ask such personal questions. how should we respond to such inquiries? so far, we've just said, "yes, he LIVES at the gym!" and we kind of laugh if off. (i also know some close to us are just concerned, so they aren't trying to be rude.)

Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Don't say anything or it's none of your business or just say he's starting bulking up by eating more protein & carbs. People are nosy!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Yea, i'd just tell people he's hitting the gym like crazy and he's focusing on nutrition, and leave it at that
  • Ajloves2run
    Ajloves2run Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    To the people who say he looks "big" I would simply say "thank you".
    To the people who are asking such a direct and presumptuous question I would probably be sarcastic and say "of course". Then change the subject and shrug it off.
    If someone asked with genuine concern and sincerity I would probably just say the "doctor prescribed injections due to hormone level, thanks for asking, I guess it's working".
    The opinion of other people should not matter to you as long as you know in your heart that your hubby is living healthy. Enjoy your husband's new body!
    People love to judge others, and I think some of them do it based on their own insecurities and inadequacies. Don't let those people rob you and your husband of energy.....;)
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    To the people who say he looks "big" I would simply say "thank you".
    To the people who are asking such a direct and presumptuous question I would probably be sarcastic and say "of course". Then change the subject and shrug it off.
    If someone asked with genuine concern and sincerity I would probably just say the "doctor prescribed injections due to hormone level, thanks for asking, I guess it's working".
    The opinion of other people should not matter to you as long as you know in your heart that your hubby is living healthy. Enjoy your husband's new body!
    People love to judge others, and I think some of them do it based on their own insecurities and inadequacies. Don't let those people rob you and your husband of energy.....;)

THANK YOU!!! :flowerforyou: