Does it work?

Options
Does this app really help? Like has anyone lost allot of weight by counting your calories? I want to really lose weight I'm 260 and want to get down 220. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any actual results from this. Thanks.

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Overwhelming, the answer is YES.

I'm down almost 30 pounds myself. There are people on here who have lost over 100 pounds. It does work.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yes....it works as well as you make it work. Have to commit to the lifestyle change in order to be completely successful. I have been a member since 2012 and had gotten down to 189 from 272 prior to life taking me for a ride.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    It helps if you want it to help. If you don't work with it, lie on your food chart about what you ate, pad your calories burned, etc, it's not going to help.
    What charting everything you eat does is make you more aware of where your calories are coming from and how they might be mis-balanced for your lifestyle. For example, I just learned that putting mayo in my tuna salad was costing me 100 calories and 10 grams of fat a day, and that I was consuming the most calories at dinner-time, when the majority of my calorie expenditure was in the morning.
    By matching your exercise calories to what your consuming, you can see immediately where you need more or less. But it's all about you and how you use the program that determines whether it works. :)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,025 Member
    Options
    So far it is working for me. You just have to be really honest with yourself when you log. You can't lose weight without some work on your part, but if you meet your calorie goals you will lose weight. I eat whatever I want. But I find that I am less likely to want junk food when I have to log it. I want to eat as much as I can and still stay under my goal. I started in September and so far I have lost 22 pounds and that is keeping me motivated to lose the next 38.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I have lost 34.8 lbs so far. It works if you do the work. It is just a tool. Only you can make it work.