Seniors

Options
I am looking for some senior ladies to be friends with me here on MFP. Please send me a friend request.
I joined in December and have done well, losing 9 pounds so far.

Replies

• chloemoir775
    chloemoir775 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Karstey congrats on losing 9lb so far!! That's awesome :) I wouldn't say I am a senior but I am a personal trainer and nutritionist and many of my clients are senior so I am happy to help you out if you have any questions
  • Karstey050
    Karstey050 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey Karstey congrats on losing 9lb so far!! That's awesome :) I wouldn't say I am a senior but I am a personal trainer and nutritionist and many of my clients are senior so I am happy to help you out if you have any questions

Thank you, Chloemoir775.
  • LindaCan2
    LindaCan2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 70 and would love to be in your group.
  • OldAndKnowIt
    OldAndKnowIt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking for a group that fits.
    I am a 70+ senior. 14 Days so far - so good. MFP helps me control my nutrients for lowering my glucose. I'm not good at exercise, well the truth is I hate programmed exercise. I am somewhat active as I still work full time. Shopping & preparing 2 dinners, one for me and one for family. Maybe eventually I can get them to eat healthier.
    Have a good day!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    You might like the 60+ thread? It's people of that age group (or close) at all stages of weight management, beginners to long-term maintainers.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10718336/60-yrs-and-up#latest

Don't be dismayed if you open that up and see old posts. It's still active, but like any long-running thread here on MFP, the newest posts are at the end, on the high-numbered pages. You can jump straight there by using the number or arrow links at the bottom of the page. (That said, it's good to read the most recent couple of pages to get a feel for the group).

I'd also encourage anyone of any age to dive into the all-ages discussions, motivation groups, challenges, etc. here in the MFP Community. In my experience, we have more in common as weight-loss aspirants and fitness pursuers than we have differences because of age. Many of the challenges are the same, at any age.

I'm 67, was 59-60 when I used MFP to lose from class 1 obese to a healthy weight, now hanging around to help me maintain that healthy weight (so far, so good). I've learned a lot from some of the young'uns, personally, so don't be afraid to interact in general here.

Wishing you much success with your goals!