inspired

Options
My 26 year old son and his girlfriend started low carb strict on new years and are down 7lbs. I gained 5 lbs over Christmas and am up to my highest weight since pregnancies to 190. I am inspired by them to get this excess fat under control as it is dragging me down. My husband passed in May and I just have been blah. New year, needs to be a healthier me and role model for our 12 year old daughter.

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I have been using mfp since September and have lost 22 pounds. I sill have 38 to go. I try to stay under my calorie goal every day but I just eat whatever I want that fits. I have cut back on sweets because I don't want to waste calories on things that don't fill me up and have little nutritional value. I'm not a fan of low carb because it is not realistic for me to think I could go low carb for the rest of my life and if I cut them too low I know that eventually I would gain back any weight j lost because I would start eating carbs again. I do think that I can watch my portion size and make better choices for life though. I have stared walking in the evenings with my dog and this week I started a yoga video. My goal is to stay active and eat better. I'm like you, j looked up one day and realized that I was 195 pounds. I don't want to be that big. You can do this. Just remember that it will take some time. You don't want to lose more than 1-2 pounds per week. You may lose some extra water weight at first, but a slow steady weight loss is the way to go. Good luck!