Ate all my calories and more before 10Am!

Options

Replies

• se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    MizzMaamI1 wrote: »
    I had two coffees. 2 eggs cooked with butter , three hash browns cooked in oven. A cinnamon bum topped with cream cheese icing. Whole package of tofu Pam fried with butter and garlic powder. Bam calories done.

I try to pre log my diary but I almost always go off track. 7 months ago I was doing great I lost almost 80 lbs and I felt on top of the world. Unstoppable. Slowly I ate more, treated myself more aND lost all motivation. In the back of my mind I knew I was setting myself up for failure but it wasn't as strong as my urge to eat.

I can't seem to get over this emotional clutch that I have on food. This is turning into a rant now. Ugh.

You have to figure out a way that works for you but that keeps you CONSISTENT! Diets fail because the consistency is not there. Also ask yourself how bad you want to achieve your goals and how bad you want to maintain your goal weight! This thought process should somewhat help you. We all know that small meals throughout day is clear. If you pick filling foods that are high in protein and fat as part of your meals throughout the day, you might not be as hungry, also don't completely sacrifice everything you enjoy in eating. Just make sure you keep your unhealthy choices in moderation. I'm no expert and I'm not claiming to be, but I find these suggestions may be helpful. Good luck! PM me if you have any additional questions or concerns and I can help you the best that I can.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Sugar is so dangerous. I guarantee when you have some, you'll want more later.

Can't we say that for food in general? I ate breakfast, but I found myself wanting food later. I ate some lunch and a couple hours later, I wanted a snack.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Sugar is so dangerous. I guarantee when you have some, you'll want more later.

No.

• lynnstrick01
    lynnstrick01 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is a dangerous meal but an important one, It kind of sets the tone for the day. If you like smoothies there are lots of good recipes out there that will give you lots more nutrients with a WHOLE LOT less calories than traditional breakfast meals and best of all you can make them ahead and they are cold and ready to go next morning.
  • ScottGreece
    ScottGreece Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I enjoy going to bed hungry. I consider it a success because for many years I did not know what it was to be hungry as I ate constantly... At least for me, I enjoy going to bed hungry knowing I will be lighter in the AM...
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    One suggestion for the future would be eating more fiber, as I find that fills me up at breakfast.

It's funny that some people think eating 2100 calories in three hours is hard to do. It's really not.
    We all don't have the same appetite. I think the only time I've done that is when I've gone out to eat at a restaurant. Aside from those occasional instances, I'd have to make a conscious effort to actually eat that much within that time frame, and I'd be extremely full. This is despite the fact that my maintenance calories for the day are higher than that.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Honestly, I had been doing great for a while and then got off track for a long time. I wasn't really convinced that it was time to refocus when I decided to just start by logging everything. The good, the bad, the ugly. It all went into my diary. As I was logging, I began looking for patterns of hunger and fullness, good sleep, poor sleep, energy levels, feelings during workouts. It all began to make sense. I didn't want to give up things I enjoyed, so I started looking for ways to fit in things I enjoy while meeting my nutritional needs. I also stopped being so critical of myself and the choices I made.

Start by logging it all and just watch the patterns, without the judgment. You are being very hard on yourself. You can do it. My thoughts, of course. Do what's right for you.

This is such good advice, clear & concise: I just had to quote it so it would show up again.

Log, notice patterns, then experiment with things like meal composition and timing to see what keeps you satiated and happy. You don't need to reach for a giant calorie deficit, either - a smaller deficit (smaller loss rate) that's more achievable may be more effective for you in the long run.

You can do this.
  • starbuckaddict
    starbuckaddict Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    "I literally ate like 2100 calories between 6AM & 930AM." I don't think I could do that unintentionally. Log in this and the rest of the day. Go forward being a tad more careful. Mark it up to experience. You may have to re-evaluate your wants and goals. Good luck with the rest of your day and tomorrow.

I can think of some times I could've done that unintentionally esp if I was super stressed or something. (Not saying that we can't have different views on this obviously. Just saying that personally I could def accidently eat that much when I had first started counting calories/before I lost weight.)

OP: don't worry about it. You can't do anything about the past. Unfortunately. But you can go on and not be down on yourself because of the past.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with me? I guess I don't want this bad enough because I can't get back into the mindset. I know what I need to do but I'm just not able to apply it.
    I literally ate like 2100 calories between 6AM & 930AM.

Eat a light lunch and dinner, get a little extra exercise in today, and move on to tomorrow.

You can't undo the past. Just make better choices in the future.
    This.
    pondee629 wrote: »
    "I literally ate like 2100 calories between 6AM & 930AM." I don't think I could do that unintentionally. Log in this and the rest of the day. Go forward being a tad more careful. Mark it up to experience. You may have to re-evaluate your wants and goals. Good luck with the rest of your day and tomorrow.

And this.
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    It's all good. Some days are just like that. I usually Prelog so I don't go over....BUT, Sundays are still a nice extra treat day so I can make it through the rest of the week. Looking forward to a day of something extra(like take-out) seems to work for me :)
    You are doing fine....one day isn't going to put 10 pounds on ya
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    People here shouldn't be shaming you..

and where did you see shaming? i see lots of experienced posters saying ' yeah it happens and heres what i do to deal with it'

• Terri2874
    Terri2874 Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Are you SURE you logged it correctly??? It's not like you ate dozen cinnamon buns and a dozen eggs
    It seems awfully high :-/
  • BuddhaB0y
    BuddhaB0y Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that cinnamon bun with cream cheese icing was 1200 cal by itself. Lol add a couple coffees with cream and sugar.. Another 400.

It adds up easy.

The sugar isn't the issue so much as the fat/butter serious calories packed into a small package.

Good luck getting refocused!

This week has been a challenge for a lot of people I'm hearing. I had a hard time Monday, managed to only go over by 200 cals to 2200 for the day, but I felt like I wanted to eat a cow!
  • lynnstrick01
    lynnstrick01 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    BuddhaB0y wrote: »
    I'm sure that cinnamon bun with cream cheese icing was 1200 cal by itself. Lol add a couple coffees with cream and sugar.. Another 400.

It adds up easy.

The sugar isn't the issue so much as the fat/butter serious calories packed into a small package.

Good luck getting refocused!

This week has been a challenge for a lot of people I'm hearing. I had a hard time Monday, managed to only go over by 200 cals to 2200 for the day, but I felt like I wanted to eat a cow!

Isn.t it funny how some days you feel like you could eat shingles off the roof, and other days you just aren't in the mood to eat at all.. They say that those days that you just can't get enough it is your body trying to tell you that there is some nutrient or mineral you are needing... I just wish the body could be more clear on what that is so I could eat it and get it over with
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with me? I guess I don't want this bad enough because I can't get back into the mindset. I know what I need to do but I'm just not able to apply it.
    I literally ate like 2100 calories between 6AM & 930AM.

You CAN, you are just choosing not to at the moment.

Why not? Figure that out and you can start to move in the right direction.

How long ago did you have the baby? Could you be dealing with some PPD or depression?

In general, do you have vegetables, fruits, whole grains and lean proteins in your diet? Those are the things that will keep you full/satisfied without tons of calories. Start your day out with something healthy and filling and you much less likely to want to binge on random calorific items before lunch.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    Eat normally the rest of the day instead of eating more because your day is blown.
    Resume your normal plan tomorrow.

Ask yourself WHY you wanted to devour everything in sight this morning. Are you running an excessive deficit (set to 2lbs a week and trying to survive on 1200Cal a day)? Is it TOM, or medical issue, or similarly, related?

***I would seriously consider switching to eating at maintenance or at maintenance -250 till I was confident that I was able to avoid binging*** And I would definitely look through my logs and think back as to what is triggering me.

Of course, pre-logging what you eat is always helpful.

At a good 800Cal, it is unlikely, for most of us, that a day which includes a cinnamon bun with icing sugar is going to end up a deficit day! This does not mean that you can never have a cinnamon bun ever again... but it does mean that just like having a tub of Haagen Dazs, it is probably an exceptional day that sees you eating one, as opposed to the rule! The same applies to a ton of stuff that falls under the treats category!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Been there.... done that. Try to eat a light lunch and dinner. do some exercise and start again tomorrow.
  • wannalookbest
    wannalookbest Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try this suggestion that I am personally using...When eating out, just eat half of your plate. You won't feel that guilty if you eat junk food, and you'll soon be applying it to all types of meals. Keep motivated.
  • TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    TheLittleRedHairedGirl Posts: 154 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Forgive yourself and realize that each day is a new beginning. So you didn't do so great today, that doesn't mean you can't do better tomorrow. I am logging everything, the good and the bad, and making adjustments accordingly. Like my favorite coffee is a large iced mocha with cream and 3 splenda from Dunkin' Donuts. I logged it, saw the calories and fat, etc., and switched to a large iced coffee with cream, saw the calories and fat and now I'm happy with a large iced coffee with milk and splenda. I had to do it in increments, but seeing it in black and white helped, especially the first time it said I completed my entry under my calorie goal. Don't give up on yourself, you can do it. Oh, and eating something filling like greek yogurt or oatmeal helps me too.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I've been there and lost my motivation after losing 80 lbs and gained 65 back. While part of it was medication related I still put all the extra calories and comfort foods in my mouth.

It was easy for me to get back on track after I quit taking the medication. But I got my emotions together while I was still on it and started eating better.

I agree with some of the other the posters and maybe look into what happened this morning? We all screw up and overeat once in awhile. And I don't think it has anything to do with how bad you do or don't want it. I certainly didn't want to gain weight back and never lost my motivation to keep losing weight. Maybe the low carb lifestyle isn't for you. I could never maintain that, I love my ice cream too much. A lot of people have a great day, a lot of people use moderation of all food, it's all a matter of finding what works for you and something you can maintain after you reach your goal weight.

Good luck