Office Workers

Options

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Right now I have, 100 calorie packs of raw almonds, turkey jerky, dried blueberries, plain rice cakes and white chocolate raspberry Quest bars. It varies from week to week though.
    I usually drink just water, but I do have some of the individual packets of Real Lemon, raspberry lemonade to add to my water.
    I bring my lunch every day and it helps me to know that I have snacks available in my drawer so I am never tempted to hit the vending machines.
  • redhotbeads
    redhotbeads Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Almonds, dried cherries and nuts, Balance bars, peanut butter .....
  • timetochange52
    timetochange52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I work from home - so just water - and I try and stay away from the kitchen except at meal time to avoid mindless munching.
  • WMLizard
    WMLizard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I used to keep snacks at my desk, just in case. But then I realized having the snacks there just made me want to snack. So now there's gum and a single Fiber One Cinnamon Coffee Cake bar, and that's only there because someone left a box in the kitchen that they didn't want, so I took one. I feel like this makes me more likely to stick with my pre-planned food, instead of deciding to have the granola bar instead of the (more filling, less chocolatey) yogurt.

Now, it's important to note that my building also has assorted vending machines, a convenience store, and a cafeteria, so I'm never going to starve here. But less access to quick snacks makes me snack less out of boredom and cravings.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Nothing except water (and we have free coffee/tea available) and I pack a lunch.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Candy. Bags and bags of candy. Individually wrapped, so I can have just a nip. What can I say? I works for me.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Well, I have an emergency can of tuna, but otherwise no snacks.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Tea bags & oh yeah, more tea bags

Light hot chocolate mix, and sugar free cider mix

At least one can of soup

Popcorn kernels, butter flavored oil and popcorn seasoning (for the micro-pop bowl I store under my desk)

Gum & a Luna bar

Salt, pepper, celery salt and cinnamon

For the fridge: light salad dressing and light mayo. A bag of frozen veggies in the freezer.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Quest bars, fruit, greek yogurt, popcorn, a can of soup, packages of instant oatmeal
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Daytime eating is not my Kryptonite. We have coffee and tea and water available, and a fridge with stuff in it like condiments, but 99% of the time, I bring my own lunch.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I keep plenty of water in the work fridge, usually if I need a snack I'll have a yogurt, sometimes some nuts or trail mix or fruit.
  • Talanch
    Talanch Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If I keep snacks in my desk, I just mindlessly eat it.
    I have a bar of extra dark chocolate (one bite is enough) in case I get proper hunger pangs and a box of green tea.
    I bring homemade lunch into work each day and have a water bottle to refill.
  • MichSmyth
    MichSmyth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't put anything in my draw, this just leads to me over snacking and continual cravings of food. I do however carry a container with 6 raw cashews and 6 raw almonds in my handbag, and if I am craving anything I devour this and it helps (well after 10mins when the goodness kicks in).
  • brittanylyse
    brittanylyse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Protein powder (mixed with oats or coffee), rice cakes, peanut butter, mixed nuts, stevia, & herbal teas.
    Our work place provides free coffee, so that definitely helps :)
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    A slice of pizza or two, or three. It's what keeps me sane and helps me lose weight.
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Various types of tea, hot chocolate, wholegrain porridge pots and agave syrup to put in them, and ryvita crackers which I eat with houmous or fish pate.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Current stock: Propel, Lays snack bag, a Splenda packet, tea bags, a honey bear, Mr. Hyde preworkout (when I would go on my lunch). I usually don't keep much here because I will mindlessly eat it all day.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I don't keep snacks at my desk unless I know I'm going to eat them that week/day. If I kept Quest bars and popcorn in my office at all times, I'd want to eat them whether they fit my macros or not. I pre-log at least a week ahead of time, so I only bring what I need. That consists of food for my second breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack. Right now I've got 3 kinds of peanut butter, little baggies of oatmeal/protein powder/coconut, and a banana in my desk.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to get a scale for work.

I have a drawer that I keep my own stash of cutlery/cups/plates/napkins. I also have coffee with individual creamers. Cans of diet soda, 100 calorie pack almonds, hard candy, fun size candy bars, protein bars, and sometimes tuna. I have a bottle of wasabi dijon salad dressing in the fridge. I know no one here will use that ;)
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I just have fruit/green teas, the odd hot chocolate sachet and some cuppa soups.....just incase!