What are you doing with your big clothes?

Options
I am still trying to figure out if I will get them altered, sell them or give them away.....I know I won't need them anymore!!!

Replies

• StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    I'm selling some on eBay, and the rest are going in the bin or in the recycle/charity bin! As I don't EVER plan on getting back into them again! :happy:

The other few of my faves which have been bought recently are getting altered though :wink:
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Mine are still hanging up in my closet :ohwell:
  • cynditoney
    cynditoney Posts: 90
    Options
    My nicer clothes are being altered (most I have never worn), other clothes are going in a yard sale or to charity.:flowerforyou:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting rid of mine just yet because I plan on getting pregnant next year. I'd rather hold on to them for a while than have to buy lots of maternity clothes.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Everything (and I mean everything) went to Goodwill or the trash.

I have new stuff now that I hope will also have to go to Goodwill soon. :smile:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Just like ZebraHead, Goodwill.
  • merbee
    merbee Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    As soon as I can't wear them anymore they go to charlity. I saved nothing except one pair of jeans - just so I can put them on when I reach my goal and get the "holy crap" factor. I buy new things off e-bay kijiji, yard sales and thrift shops, because all of them are going to end up going to charity too.
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'd say alter the ones you are particularly attached to (expensive stuff for example) and sell the rest - which will help pay for having to buy new clothes!
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i think i will have mine altered but in a way where they cant be re-jigged again!--my daughter bought me my first correct sized shorts and for the first time in 7 years i am back to medium from large(and bulging)-a great fathers day gift!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I go thru every 2 months or so.. let afriend of mine go thru them (she's where I was a few months ago and struggling) and then what she doesn't want I take to goodwill!
  • crobinson3
    crobinson3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I gave all mine to charity and as soon as something got even slightly too big it went the distance!

The only downside to loosing loads of weight is the cost of replacement clothes, but it's a price worth paying.
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    Mine are going to Goodwill. I have trashbags full that I haven't gotten around to donating and now I've got 2 more sizes that need to go!
  • crobinson3
    crobinson3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I gave all mine to charity and as soon as something got even slightly too big it went the distance!

The only downside to loosing loads of weight is the cost of replacement clothes, but it's a price worth paying.
  • fitandhealthy
    fitandhealthy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I know right!? I always, always, ALWAYS give mine to charity. There are so many clothes deposit boxes around, homeless people, etc.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I am trying to sell my sister and my clothes to help pay for new stuff, what doesnt sell will go to good will.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'll sort out the nicer and new clothes that don't fit (some jeans and tops mainly) and those I'm taking to a consignment shop that gives you cash right away, no waiting for clothes to sell. I might try ebay, but mainly I'll give some to my mother and the rest to goodwill or the Hope Chest in town. The Hope Chest is a used clothing shop that donates proceeds to support the local Hospice.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I am trying to sell my sister and my clothes to help pay for new stuff, what doesnt sell will go to good will.

:smile: :laugh: I never thought of trying to sell my sister :laugh: :smile: :wink:
  • bighurt
    bighurt Posts: 7
    Options
    I donated most of mine to Goodwill.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Well I shrink em as much as I can, lol. But after I can't wear them anymore I give them to a couple of my reps at work that are bigger than me and I have a co-worker that gives me hers as she gets to small for them too so we all win :bigsmile:
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I donated my clothes to the Salvation Army. I get to help others AND I get a tax deductible receipt!