Fitness Trackers

Options
Looking to purchase a fitness tracker, but there are so many out there that I'm not sure what to get. Suggestions and reason why you suggest? Want something that does the steps, won't make me have to input what type of activities I am doing. Knows if I'm running or walking by measuring heart rate I guess. Reminds me to get up when I'm sitting at my desk all day. Maybe rind me to drink water. Is there such a device?

Replies

• MallisaMott
    MallisaMott Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I got a FitBit for Christmas and I love it. It syncs with my MFP app and I love the challenges with friends. Keeps me on my feet as much as possible at work.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My Up3 does not necessarily know what I am doing but, can typically tell if I was active and ask me to input the specific thing I did and how hard I worked. It does challengers drink 8 cups of water a day and I have it vibrate every 45 mins I don't move and it vibrates when I hit 6,000 steps.I have had mine for a month. It has gotten more accurate after 2 weeks. I have more than doubled my daily activity thanks to my Jawbone.
  • Jsonger45
    Jsonger45 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your budget and what you intend to track. Typically, there is no "perfect" tracker, it would suck at something; maybe HRM, steps, calories or sleep tracking. So if you intend to track steps; you'd better ask for the one good at tracking step, etc. You budget is also an important aspect. Check this review of Garmin. Garmin is cheap compared to fitbit and it does a good work when it comes to steps counting.
  • law102189
    law102189 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love the Garmin Vivosmart HR. You do have to set it when you are working out, and then edit Garmin Connect with what type of exercise you did, but it does so much. I was between this and the Basis Peak, which claims it automatically knows what exercise type you are doing, but Vivosmart HR got better reviews. It's waterproof, comfortable, tells me to move, tracks steps, calories and sleep. Love that it syncs easily to my phone and MFP
  • SexyGamerGal
    SexyGamerGal Posts: 75 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge hr. Love it. I run 3x a week. I just hit track and then run. It has an autoset pick uo your activity if yiu want that. It also tracks sleep you can start it on your phone or it will auto pick up when you fall asleep. Then it give me calories automatically to myfitnesspal. It doesn't do pop up reminders unless you get achievements or your battery is low though. So you want that type or reminder but, you can easily view your water intake in the interface. I love it because I been more active with it and it automatically determines if I get extra calories for the day depending on my activity level. If you want to figure out which one is for you I would YouTube some of the types. I know the Alta and the blaze are coming out next month from fitbit. Which the blaze is the charge hr but changeable bands and a touch screen that can control music. I am going to probably be upgrading to it at christmas. Apologies if this is a mess typing on my phone atm.
  • neutroncore
    neutroncore Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Garmin vivosmart hr
    Or fitbit charge hr
    These are the best fitness bands in the market... but they are FAR from perfect
    If you are a dedicated runner get garmin forerunner watches with gps... like forerunner 235