Cynthia's Sweet Chicken

Options
pumpkinRIP02
pumpkinRIP02 Posts: 131 Member
Okay, so here is my Sweet Chicken Recipe.

It is 505 Calories a serving though.... meaning 1 chicken breast is 505 calories!

You need these ingredients

8 ounces Russian dressing
8 ounces Mayo
1 package Onion soup mix
10 ounces Apricot jelly
10 ounces Peach jelly
4 Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts

What you do is as follows.

Prep work: Mix the onion soup mix, apricot jelly, peach jelly, mayo, and russain dressing together in a large bowl.
Than depending on how rich you want the flavor, marinade the chicken breasts for 3 hours to overnight in the mix in the refridgerator, covered of course!
Once marinated, preheat you oven for 350 degrees.
Leave all the Marinade in a pan with the chicken when tranferring the chicken to the oven!
Cook until chicken is fully cooked and marinade has reduced to half.
The marinade should look like a gravy-like red sauce by the time you pull chicken the oven.
Used the marinade like a red gravy for the Mashed Potatos if you made any or a dipping sauce for chicken when you cut it apart!

This recipe makes 4-6 chicken breasts aka servings depending on the size of the breasts.
You can double or triple this recipe if you plan for a Party!

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    That does sound sweet. Can I keep out one of the jellies and replace the mayo with greek yogurt?
  • pumpkinRIP02
    Options
    I guess you could but You'd have to redo the calories for it.
    I have never tryed it that way before.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options

It is 505 Calories a serving though.... meaning 1 chicken breast is 505 calories!

I think your calorie count is way off. I get more than 1000 per serving.

• pumpkinRIP02
    Options
    I did it using homemade Russian dressing not store bought.
    That is 1 thing different.
    Plus I use Lipton onion soup mix.
    I use Smuckers Apricot and Peach Jellys.
    As for Mayo, I use a generic brand not a name brand.
  • pumpkinRIP02
    Options
    neohdiver wrote: »

I think your calorie count is way off. I get more than 1000 per serving.

I am using the calories that the recipe thing me each serving of my Chicken was.
    It said 1 serving, each breast was 505 calories and so that is what I put.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Looks like a great recipe for bulking.
  • pumpkinRIP02
    Options
    Looks like a great recipe for bulking.

Actually, I have lost weight eatting it.
  • pumpkinRIP02
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    You didnt lose weight by eating this... you lost weight by eating at a deficit. Its that simple.
    Having said that this is a good base and can be made into something with less calories without a problem.

Okay, I am not going to argue with you on this point since you have some valids points in the whole Recipe can be charged to be fewer calories.

I have however never eaten this chicken before trying to lose weight, so and I use the extra marinade as gravy for Mashed Potatoes.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

When I calculated it by ingredient, I used Smuckers Apricot and Peach jellies. You're basically eating a half jar of jelly per serving. Jelly is pure sugar. Each serving also includes a quarter cup of mayo - very close to pure fat. That's 685 calories per serving just for the jellies and mayo.

If something tastes way too good to be the calorie count that is listed - it probably is. Enter the ingredients separately and do your own calorie count rather than accepting what the recipe says.
  • pumpkinRIP02
    Options
    neohdiver wrote: »

When I calculated it by ingredient, I used Smuckers Apricot and Peach jellies. You're basically eating a half jar of jelly per serving. Jelly is pure sugar. Each serving also includes a quarter cup of mayo - very close to pure fat. That's 685 calories per serving just for the jellies and mayo.

If something tastes way too good to be the calorie count that is listed - it probably is. Enter the ingredients separately and do your own calorie count rather than accepting what the recipe says.

Thank you for telling me this.
    I will remember this for future recipes.
    I will be editing this recipes entry at some point at well than to correct to colaries.