Losing 50 by June 2016!!

Options
Hello all, I'm new to this diet thing. I'm 48 years old, married with two kids 20 and 16. I was once a size 0/1 (too skinny) Now I'm a hearty 14/16 with pre diabetes, hight blood pressure, and menapause knocking on my door. BLAH!! I would love to lose 50 pounds by June of this year, so my Dr will quit shoving pills at me. :smile: Wish me luck!!

Replies

• sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • hlotsfan996
    hlotsfan996 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me looking to lose 40+ by July so perhaps we can stay motivated
  • Raramama95
    Raramama95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I just turned 40 last year, lost 11 lbs first half of last year (I had a total of 40 I wanted to lose!) and gained it back the second half of last year. I was doing low carb at the beginning of last year but now i decided i'm going to go with good old healthy eating and exercise! I'm looking to lose 35-40 lbs. I have been logging my food everyday and trying to get more exercise since i barely got any before! Weekdays are easier than weekends. Weekends i end up ruining all of the work that i put in during the week! so maybe we can keep each other motivated!!!
  • dollbud40
    dollbud40 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello! Please add me as well! I am 49 in post menopause and I am looking to lose 35 -50 lbs! I also have high blood pressure and definitely need some new friends! Lets rock this together and feel fabulous for this summer & be healthy!!
  • DiviturLabimur
    DiviturLabimur Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • adpiorkowski
    adpiorkowski Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • MEat40forge
    MEat40forge Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My goal is 50 to 80 by the end June.
  • cynergy30
    cynergy30 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi..stay motivated!!!! i turn 50 in June and have thyroid disease so its challenging to lose weight. I am trying though I also have prediabetes and went from size 4 to 14 (ughhhh).
  • scyssy
    scyssy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am also trying to lose 50 l by june
  • xrayhal
    xrayhal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Been at it for one month and have lost 10 pounds--I'm just starting out and have 50 to go. Feel free to add me! Good Luck
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Does it NEED to be by June? 50 pounds in 5 months is possible, but it will be difficult. Will you be disappointed if you only lose 30 by June, which is a little more plausible?

I wouldn't necessarily set a date. Just that you want to lose 50. That way if it takes until September you won't be let down, and it will give your body time to adjust slowly to a new diet.
  • womaninblackisback
    Options
    Feel free to add me too :-) Good luck everyone
  • Sarahgrace0228
    Sarahgrace0228 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal to lose 50 by June. GOOD LUCK!
  • Wwer_Onelasttime
    Wwer_Onelasttime Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same goal here too!! I will be 40 on the 14th of June and I refuse to be "Fat & Fourty" I have been doing the Weight watcher plan since 2011 got really close to my goal once (within 8lbs) but then life got in the way :( I have decided to add my fitness pal with my weight watchers, feel free to add me :)
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    50 by June 12th (Birthday) for me too! 30 down now! We can do this!
  • Monnie67
    Monnie67 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Add me on, you can do it one day at a time.
  • computris
    computris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't expect to have so many responses. Thank you for your support!! :smiley: Now, if I could just figure out how to add you as friends.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    Does it NEED to be by June? 50 pounds in 5 months is possible, but it will be difficult. Will you be disappointed if you only lose 30 by June, which is a little more plausible?

I wouldn't necessarily set a date. Just that you want to lose 50. That way if it takes until September you won't be let down, and it will give your body time to adjust slowly to a new diet.

^^^This.

50lbs in 5 months is possible, yes, but not particularly healthy. 2lbs a week is the maximum healthy rate weight loss unless very obese. 10lbs a month isn't too far above that but weight loss slows dramatically when you're closer to goal weight. I took a year to lose my first 50, then last year lost another 20. Now working on the last 4, and it's going to take me two or three months at least. Slow and steady wins the race. Just don't put yourself in danger and don't get discouraged if you don't reach 50lbs lost by June. Remember than any weight lost between now and June is weight you wouldn't have lost if you hadn't tried!
  • lamw4
    lamw4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal. Feel free to add me. Together we can do it!
  • cleenjones
    cleenjones Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I'm 52 and have set a goal to lose 50 lbs by June 15.