I'm kind of depressed about overeating yesterday!

Options
2»

Replies

• caford3
    caford3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You will be fine I understand how you feel, just remeber before you started this journey you never felt guility about the things you eat I know I didnt , just feeling guilty let you know how far you have come
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    400 calories over is nothing!! It is just a slight set back and you will be fine! Let it go and start fresh tomorrow!
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    It happens, the overeating, being bummed over it. The MOST important thing is that you don't let it stop you. It may be a setback, but that's all. Don't let it be an 'end.' Go back to counting, etc and don't let this keep you down. You've got this.
  • Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You're doing fine! Remember... It's unrealistic to eat 100% "clean" 100% of the time or else you're going to set yourself up for many more of these "depressing" days. Look at other people's diaries (especially on weekends ;-)) and you'll get some reassurance/validation that for the most part we all try to create a balance and still have success. :-)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I went over by 300 yesterday because I really wanted ice cream so I had three scoops at Ben & Jerry's. It was delicious and I don't regret it one bit. I'm back on track today. You can do the same. You had a fun splurge and now you can focus again on your plan with renewed vigor. Nothing wrong with an occasional lark.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    thanks! i went about 400 cals over (so 1600 for the day).
    I made my diary public now too.
    I've lost 22 lbs thus far - started in April.
    Just want to keep going and not let this throw me off!
    I have eaten out since being on this journey but have never screwed up that bad!

So you probably still ate under maintenance? That's OK.
  • leslieschoenle
    leslieschoenle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ok so Wednesday I also ate TERRIBLY and had a pretty bad evening today too! You are not alone at all, we all have those times that we know we're making the wrong choice but if you decide to do it then you have to live with it, enjoy it, and get back on track tomorrow! I feel terrible and depressed and guilty but when I look at it, I put myself through it, no one else!
    I do have a question though... How often do most of you have your "cheat" day? Once a week? Once a month? Once every 2 weeks? Just kinda curious...
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. Cheat days are important to keep your body from becoming too accustomed to dieting.
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    I ate 397 calories over my goal yesterday....and I felt a LITTLE guilty.....but I really wanted those pop tarts!!!! And I was under calorie goal all this week....plus I look at it like this-in the past...I could easily down 5-6 pop tarts and I stopped at 2!!!! That progress :) You went 400 calories over.....just think of it this way....normally you probablly be 1,000 or more calories over maintenance......that's progress :)
  • MSFRDC
    MSFRDC Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The adage "One day at a time" (or one meal at a time) really applies here.
    Every day or meal can be a do-over.
    Also, this is not a race. Give yourself the time you need and be kind to yourself.

I remember how shocked I was to discover, after the fact, how much fat and sodium there is in antipasto. Oopsie! I chalked it up to a learning experience. It set me back by a few days, but then those few days had passed and in the meantime I had gotten back on track the day after that meal. No biggie. No worries. Just keep on keepin' on.

Really, really well put! If you follow this advice, you'll head down the path towards contentedness.
  • hetx2mommy
    hetx2mommy Posts: 26
    Options
    About how often I cheat - not very often. I don't totally deprive myself of any one thing. I just have less of it. A slice of pizza here, frozen yogurt with toppings.
    When I have "tried" to cheat - aka eat a Fuddruckers meal on vacation, I ended up puking all night. Soooo - thats pretty damn motivating not to eat that way!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Here's my take on it: you didn't screw up, you didn't "cheat". You ate food, and you drank a margarita. It's not the end of the world. Granted, you took in more energy than your body needed that day (at least I'm assuming from your post that you exceeded your TDEE), but one day's worth of eating won't prevent you from reaching your fitness/weight loss goals. One day won't make you fat, or stop you being thin, just like one day of eating nothing won't make an obese person wake up thin. It's how you eat most of the time that counts - the bigger picture. Stop beating yourself up about it. :flowerforyou:

ETA: I can't see your diary, but you mentioned you ate 400 calories over your goal? So, if you are set up to lose 1 lb a week, then you still ate at a deficit for that day. Even if you are set up to lose 0.5 lbs a week, you'll still be at a deficit for the week.