The emotional eating sads

Options
Well, I guess I'm writing for some support really. I started in Feb last year and had lost nearly 10 kgs by June. I was in a state of bewilderment: 'wow, this is really easy! Anyone can do this!' I said. Hah!

Then I moved house, which is never easy for me (don't much like change). I'm an emotional eater - all my fitness routines went out the window when I moved, things got stressful at work and I slowly crept back to the old ways. I put nearly everything back on that I'd lost. Felt horrendous about myself, and just thought 'what's the point'.

I've come through that now, and I'm back into it and feeling pretty good. But, now, I'm worried I'll slip back again - like the Emotional Eating Monster is lurking around the chocolate corner at the supermarket, waiting to lure me in.

I know all the tips, I really do. I work in a small dessert into my kj count. I weigh all my food. I have lots of protein, and healthy snacks. It was working, really well. This time around I've written and framed a list of all the reasons I'm going to lose, and keep off, the weight.

Guess I just need to hear from people who know the pain that I can do it!

Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Hey, you've got a great plan for how you are going to eat, but where's your plan for how your going to deal with your emotions when life gets stressful. You know that it will happen so plan ahead, practice your strategy and be ready to meet your monster head on!
  • Wreathy
    Wreathy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes..that's my dilemna...I may even have to go to counselling I think...