Sugar

I tend to go over my sugar everyday. I did the whole 30 last year for medical reasons, so I am conscientious about reading labels & checking sugar content. However, I eat a lot of fruits & veggies, never use added sugar & refrain from sugar substitutes. What sweetener I do use daily is honey, but that is literally 1 tablespoon, or less, throughout the day. I exercise at least 20 (sometines 30 or 40, depending on how much time I have) mins a day, weights 2 days a week, yoga once & cardiovascular 2 times a week. How bad is it that I go over my sugar alloted for the day?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Unless they've changed it, the sugar targets on MFP are for added sugars. Personally, I never tracked it as I'm not one for sweets and whatnot. I eat 2-3 servings of fruit per day and quite a bit of veg...I have no idea how that adds up, nor do I particularly care. Pretty sure the obesity epidemic is not a result of people eating their fruit and veg.
  • omoreno11
    omoreno11 Posts: 1 Member
    If you are consuming natural sugars (such as fruits) it is perfectly fine. But just like everything goes.."too much of something, could be bad for you" not sure if you've heard of that.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    It's not bad to go over unless you have medical reasons not being disclosed..

I stopped paying attention sugar and changed it to fiber..

Don't stop eating your fruits and veggies.. this is a great thing to keep doing...LOL :)
  • GUARDiAN_GUiLD
    GUARDiAN_GUiLD Posts: 163 Member
    I used to rip like 2-3 Splenda packets into each macchiato (yeah, I know, that's like a crime to the coffee/espresso snobs lol). Stopped that the Splenda and other sugar subs and it wasn't easy, but after about a week or so of doing that, you'll get used to the taste. Bitterness goes away relatively quick.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Quit thinking sugar - think Carbs, because ALL carbs convert to sugar! Ditch the honey, and use Stevia instead.