Questions about Garmin Vivosmart HR

Options
2»

Replies

• zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    rlpomeroy wrote: »
    For some reason today, it is showing that I am climbing lots of flights of stairs that I am not. I also had to switch it from my left wrist to my right during my elliptical session because it wasn't reporting my HR right. Weird.

Funny, if anything I find it tends to under report for me. I've been up and down the stairs a few times today but it says 0. I'm way better with it under reporting than over. I know they still have issues with stairs and activity minutes - these issues haven't been solved yet.
  • rdgfreshstart2016
    rdgfreshstart2016 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Day two with the Vivosmart HR - just completed a 30-minute elliptical workout and the activity calories seem high. How is everyone finding this - not going to eat back the calories- just looking for thoughts. Thanks!
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Mine usually shows very close to what the equipment shows if not slightly under. Are you actually starting an activity? I usually just use "run"
  • rdgfreshstart2016
    rdgfreshstart2016 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Today's workout was fine - I just used 'run' and numbers were more in line with what I was seeing on the elliptical machine. Thanks!
  • Twasney
    Twasney Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I just bought mine last night and i am concerned because either its tracking my resting heart rate really high or i am going to die when i work out LOL. Also it tracks my flights of stairs when i haven't done any stairs. For example I have been sitting at my computer this morning trying to figure out my stupid tracker and supposedly i climbed 7 sets of stairs? feel free to add me twasney
  • rlpomeroy
    Options
    The stair thing happens to me occasionally too. Not usually that bad though. It will probably take a while for your resting heart rate to average out.
  • rlpomeroy
    Options
    Anybody know what the 3.0 update is for?
  • laurakmcclellan
    laurakmcclellan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    zenjen13 wrote: »
    I am noticing that I get a LOT of calories for being "active" and it's subtracting from my MFP calories eaten, making my net calories eaten much lower. I'm not sure I 100% trust that yet and am not going to eat back all of those calories.

Really? I haven't had that problem. I've set myself as sedentary and just let the device log all my activity. Mine seems pretty accurate for the activity I do. I wasn't eating back the calories but am feeling unwell today so I've decided to eat them this week.

Mine is doing the opposite & telling MFP I'm burning less calories than it thinks and is taking away some of my daily calories on MFP, but if I just look at Garmin Connect- I have plenty more! Well, 120, but that can be a cookie!
  • rlpomeroy
    Options
    zenjen13 wrote: »
    I am noticing that I get a LOT of calories for being "active" and it's subtracting from my MFP calories eaten, making my net calories eaten much lower. I'm not sure I 100% trust that yet and am not going to eat back all of those calories.

Really? I haven't had that problem. I've set myself as sedentary and just let the device log all my activity. Mine seems pretty accurate for the activity I do. I wasn't eating back the calories but am feeling unwell today so I've decided to eat them this week.

Mine is doing the opposite & telling MFP I'm burning less calories than it thinks and is taking away some of my daily calories on MFP, but if I just look at Garmin Connect- I have plenty more! Well, 120, but that can be a cookie!

Mine just started doing the same. MFP shows that I have less calories left the more exercise I get. Connect seems to be accurate. Did you ever figure out the problem?
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Today's workout was fine - I just used 'run' and numbers were more in line with what I was seeing on the elliptical machine. Thanks!

Be careful using machine numbers. Garmin Connect has your Age, Height, Weight, Sex and knows your resting HR. It bases all of those factors into determining/guesstimating what your caloric burn really is. The machine your on doesn't know any of that, other than the seldom time a machine ask you to enter a weight.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    rlpomeroy wrote: »
    Anybody know what the 3.0 update is for?

This link is for their channel log ... https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=9526