A new goal for the new year!

Options
Hello I am 5'7" and I am trying to lose 145lb for part of my new year resolution. The weight I am at now was all a result of stress and being constantly picked on and bullied through elementary and high school. I would like inspiration and some motivation. So far I have completed my first trial and it went pretty well. Please wish me luck. And I wish you all mlthe same luck!

Replies

• barb78009
    barb78009 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wish you well on your new journey. My New Years resolution is to not use drive throughs. I have made the decision to park my car and get out and walk in. 2weeks into January and I have not once used a drive through. I find I am getting more steps in and eating less fast food. Win, win! What was your first trial?
  • vyaron97
    vyaron97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My first trial which was to eat small portions and cut out sugar and lower startch intake didn't work well, I only lost 1.6lb within a year. But I started the weight loss plan on this app and the it let's me see the Cal intake. So I noticed it might be a bit of a struggle. But If I go the way I am going with eating 2,100 calories or less a day I could lose 1+ lbs a week. Especially with work and school I am barely home to do any type of exercise. Plus the bullying is not getting better. So I am scared of breaking any streak I have while losing the weight I don't need.
  • barb78009
    barb78009 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Surround yourself with good people. Try not to let bad people get to you. Sugar is a hard one for me too. But my doctor says it is better to have 1 piece of chocolate a week than to eat sugar free candy. So I look forward to my "treat".
  • vyaron97
    vyaron97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    barb78009 wrote: »
    Surround yourself with good people. Try not to let bad people get to you. Sugar is a hard one for me too. But my doctor says it is better to have 1 piece of chocolate a week than to eat sugar free candy. So I look forward to my "treat".

I was told by my parents to cut it out completely but my doctor really just pointed out the app and I decided to give it a shot. Which in a way I do look forward in making friends who have a goal set for their fitness plan. Although I feel it may take a while to lose what I want/need to for me to be completely healthy I just want to drop back down to the weight I should be. Not this "severely bad" weight that I am marked at