24 years old - lost 120 lbs and never been happier

Options
Hey guys, my name is Braden. About once a year I like to share my story with all of you fine people on myfitnesspal.There are a ton of you who are currently in the process of going through weight loss transformations, and as someone who has a pretty good success story, I enjoy giving back to this forum, which helped me a lot when I was losing my weight. If you've got any questions or want some specific tips then ask away. You can also feel free to shoot me a private message.

I started my journey at about 290:

znsay1.jpg

Here is after losing about 45 lbs (and my first shirtless picture)

doq4v4.jpg

This was after losing 120 lbs:

2d9wvma.jpg

Here is me at about 205 after bulking up a bit:

2r7xd1i.jpg

One last comparison:

im5dl0.jpg

And lastly, here is me about 60 seconds ago! <3

27zgpec.jpg

Replies

• Sora4ever
    Sora4ever Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing! Good job!
  • plushieboo
    plushieboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look very handsome! And i am sure you feel even better!!!
  • BrylieV
    BrylieV Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You've done an amazing job.
  • anthonynaylor
    anthonynaylor Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How long were you a big guy for? I ask because I'm surprised how well your skin managed to keep up.
  • hopelovefaith90
    hopelovefaith90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!!!
  • benjaminD02
    benjaminD02 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well done Braden, great job! Working to be in a similar place soon :)
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nice work...well done!
  • BradenTraub
    BradenTraub Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    How long were you a big guy for? I ask because I'm surprised how well your skin managed to keep up.

Most of my life actually! Though I didn't get "obese" until highschool, but still, several years. I'm very fortunate that I lost the weight at such a young age, since my skin rebounded pretty well. The fact that I'm 6'4 also helped since my skin didn't get stretched as much as it would have for a shorter person.

I DO have fairly significant stretch marks on my stomach, thighs, groin, armpit area, behind the knee's etc, but they've faded considerably and aren't something that bother me too much anymore. My girlfriend lovingly refers to them as my "tiger stripes". I do have some loose skin that I can pinch, but again, because of my height it doesn't actually sag down while I'm standing. If I do a pushup or plank shirtless however, theres certainly a pouch of extra skin on my lower stomach, and some of the skin on my arms and legs is VERY thin and stretched out.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Aw, yay!

I don't know about others, but sometimes my day goes like this...."yesterday was not a good day. Today is teetering, and could go either way. ... Oh, let's go find a success story on mfp to cheer me up." And here I am! Yay! Thanks for the boost, and congrats!
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look amazing.
  • amandawaits39
    amandawaits39 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Thanks for sharing with us :)
  • BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You look very healthy in your most recent pic. Here's to the new you
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for posting :-)
  • mariodalleyne
    mariodalleyne Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey need some advice could you drop me a message or friend request
  • msharrington315
    msharrington315 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Way to go, dude! YOU ROCK!
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Great post and incredible transformation.
  • therealhillarybanksoftoronto
    Options
    Awesome!
  • tosi1312
    tosi1312 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
  • xBabyLlamaDrama
    xBabyLlamaDrama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Very encouraging to see. 23 here, topped out at 266, currently at 214 and hoping to hit 180. If I get fortunate, my skin will do as well as yours. Any regrets on the weight loss side?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!