Coffee Creamer

Options
adreal
adreal Posts: 229 Member
Well here goes the age old question...I love my coffee and have just weaned myself to only using creamer. I was drinking it very light with lots of sugar. Now I am just very light. But I realize there is a lot of wasted calories there that I don't log. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives? I am not sure I want to try the butter coffee. It sounds like a lot of work :)
Thanks Y'all

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I just have 2% milk. The whole butter thing sounds revolting, to me.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    adreal wrote: »
    Well here goes the age old question...I love my coffee and have just weaned myself to only using creamer. I was drinking it very light with lots of sugar. Now I am just very light. But I realize there is a lot of wasted calories there that I don't log. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives? I am not sure I want to try the butter coffee. It sounds like a lot of work :)
    Thanks Y'all

Log them? You can still drink creamer if it fits into your calorie goal.

I switched to drinking coffee without creamer and just sweetener.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i use the same vanilla caramel coffee creamer i always have.

some things are non negotiable.
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I put about 1/4 cup of light cream (not half&half) in my coffee every morning. That will never change. I just make sure to log it and move on with the rest of my day.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I use 2 tablespoons of half and half every time I have a cup of coffee, which is about four times a day. It's well worth the calories to me. Plus it adds a bit of calcium and protein to my diet. I've also used Fairlife, the ultra filtered milk made by Coke. It only has 150 calories per cup (less than 10 calories per tablespoon).
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    Options
    coffee 2 cals
    splenda 0 cals
    non-dairy creamer 10 cals

total calorie load for one coffee 12 cals.

Log it.
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    Options
    I just have 2% milk. The whole butter thing sounds revolting, to me.

And over the pond they put [urp] cream in their [urp] [swallow] tea. [gag]
    Just no accounting for cultural tastes. ;)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I like Coffee mate flavored powdered creamers. 5 grams are 30 calories.

I don't like to use it on flavored coffee though.
  • JScottBldrs
    JScottBldrs Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You ca have anything you want as long as it fits into you calorie goal. Some things are no worth the calories Creamer is not one of them. Must have my coffee with creamer to function in the morning
  • jgwriternyc
    jgwriternyc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You ca have anything you want as long as it fits into you calorie goal. Some things are no worth the calories Creamer is not one of them. Must have my coffee with creamer to function in the morning

I agree with JScott, my coffee creamer is non negotiable, but I do log it in.... I have 4 tbsp of sugar free creamer when I first get up, then at work I have 4 tbsp of half & half. The rest of the day I'm on water.
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty loyal to my half & half. Coffee is serious business for me. However, I've read that if you put a can of coconut milk in the fridge the cream will rise to the top and that cream makes a wonderful coffee companion and lower in calories and fat
  • space_case
    space_case Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've weaned myself to 1 tbsp of (plain) half and half a day in my morning coffee. I'm not a huge coffee person though. I fill my thermos before work and it keeps it hot all day and I usually just sip on that one cup throughout the day. It's like 20 cals so even if I didn't log it, I don't consider it to be something that would make or break my day.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Just use almond or cashew milk (25cal per CUP). Cashew milk is wonderful and creamy in coffee and I add truvia and sugar free caramel/vanilla/pumpkin/hazlenut/toffee/etc coffee syrup (<5 cal). So you get a drink that tastes way better than starbucks for <20 calories :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Now I only add coconut oil and heavy whipping cream since they fit my macro since 2014.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Milk has protein, magnesium, potassium, calcium, etc.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I use 1 tbsp of 5% cream in my coffee and one sweetener - calories range from 5-11 depending on who you listen to, so not a lot of calories at all. But if you are counting fat, that may change things.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Stevia and half n half is what I use. I don't see anything wrong with that.
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I use a teaspoon of sugar and a tablespoon of creamer, so one cup is between 30-60 calories. Used to use Stevia or Splenda instead of sugar but stopped doing that about 6 months ago.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    A little milk (skim if I have it, other wise whole milk) and one teaspoon of sugar every morning. I still lost weight
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    i use the same vanilla caramel coffee creamer i always have.

some things are non negotiable.

Mine is hazelnut.... I have considered trying the flavored coffee and just using milk... but its been working so far just logging it and allowing myself that morning bliss...

without my Coffee and creamer I'd probably have quit trying by now.