Motivation Needed

Options
Good Morning! I need to lose 40 pounds and am having some trouble getting back on the healthy horse after the holidays. The only time I have available for working out is between 5 & 6 am due to school and work. Any suggestions on staying commited?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I set my alarm early to get in a workout before school. It helps you wake up and feel motivated for the day. Try some different workouts on YouTube or befit channel. Make it part of your schedule.
  • jadeamba
    jadeamba Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try doing short high intensity workouts, perhaps you could try 1 in the morning and 1 at night.. When I don't gym I use SWORKIT at home, give it a try :)
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Sadly motivation is something that you have to find within yourself...no one can give it to you.

Motivation also comes and goes...one day it is easy to find...the next day...it is gone.

Determination...commitment...and the willingness to accept that I am not perfect and I will have days that I lose sight of the end goal. When I have those days(or weeks/months) I also let them go and start again.

There might be an end goal but I focus more on the short term goals...1lb at a time until I have lost 5lbs. Then I focus on the next 1lb.

You don't have to lose 40lbs...you only have to lose ONE...then another...and then another. One day those 1llb losses will add up to 40lbs.

I have lost almost 80lbs this way with some bumps along the way. I only have to lose one more pound...14 more times to get to my acceptable weight...24 more times until I reach my end goal.
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Make it fun! Why in the world would you want to continue something you didn't thoroughly enjoy? Also, work up a sweat but don't wear yourself out. That "no pain, no gain" thing, totally not correct. You should feel a nice burn but not so that you can't lift your arms to do your homework or can't walk from class to class. Eventually, endurance will build and you'll be more energetic and you'll look forward to what exercise you choose.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Set your alarm far enough away that you have to get out of bed! Climb right into your clothes and make it fun and get it done. You will rev up your metabolism. Suggestions: Tell yourself often how badly you want to be healthy. Keep inspirational pics or messages around. Make healthy food choices (plan and prepare). Be honest. Log everything. Set small goals. Understand this is long term...it's a lifestyle not a diet.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    evahudnell wrote: »
    Good Morning! I need to lose 40 pounds and am having some trouble getting back on the healthy horse after the holidays. The only time I have available for working out is between 5 & 6 am due to school and work. Any suggestions on staying commited?

So.. For motivation, I would check out the successful story board. There you will see before and after pic of how wonderful people look after they lost their 30, 40 200 lbs. I am sure you will be able to find your motivation there.

Now I am sure 5am - 6am is not the only time you have to work out.
    In between classes, you can work out for 10 min. and at work as well. go to a private place and do "prison pushups"(P90X) and what it is, is this, do a push up, bring you knees to your chest, then jump up. Do 10 per hour. If 10 of these = 10min, and you do it 8 times, that would be 80min, of working out.
    Not so bad..
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Choose a show on Netflix you can only watch while you workout.
  • evahudnell
    evahudnell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the positive comments and suggestions! I plan on rising early tomorrow morning and working towards losing that first pound. This year I am bound and determine to reach my goals. Thank you for the support!