I'm sick of eggs.

Options
2»

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i've done egg and cheese and ham, oatmeal, cottage cheese and jam, fruit and nut butters.

today i had a donut

and coffee, always coffee. black like my metal
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My alternative proteins for breakfast include cheese, Greek Yogurt, nuts and peanut butter. With these alternatives I can make:
    - Nuked apple filled with nuts, cinnamon, and half brown sugar, with a dollop of Greek Yogurt on the side.
    - Toast and peanut butter.
    - Steel cut oats, raisins, and Greek Yogurt. With a walnut on the side.
    - Overnight oats with blueberries and regular yogurt, with a sprinkling of sunflower seeds.
    - Half a bagel spread with light Philadelphia cheese. Fruit.
  • Mallybear2020
    Mallybear2020 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I know you said you're sick of eggs but have you tried making scrambled eggs with a tablespoon of sour creme mixed in and then cooking it?
    It changed the way I felt about eggs FOREVER!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Blasphemy! One can never tire of eggs. ;)

Preach it. I can't understand a world in which people are sick of eggs...
  • Jericha1992
    Jericha1992 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with cottage cheese.
  • ChampagneLaughter495
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    You also can think outside of the "breakfast food" realm and have a ham sandwich on whole wheat bread with spinach. If McDonald's can do breakfast at anytime what's wrong with lunch for breakfast. I have been known to have 1/2 a sandwich and a cup of soup for breakfast.

When I wake up in the morning I'm starving! I don't think I could try to eat anything else if it's not breakfasty. I just don't think I can talk myself into having a lunch sand which with soup that early in the morning
  • ChampagneLaughter495
    Options
    OnAllFours wrote: »
    OP, as cute as you are it's hard to be mad at the statement "I'm sick of eggs". lol I eat eggs in many ways and have never gotten tired of them. But you could always try Over Night Oats. Love that stuff too and so many ways to make it.

Lol well thanks! I actually hated eggs.. And starter forcing myself to eat them lately. And now I just can't lol.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, Greek yogurt parfait, French toast... So many options...
  • ChampagneLaughter495
    Options
    Im low cal/low carb. I like to keep my breakfast no more than 200 if I can
  • jorae08
    jorae08 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do overnight oats...
    .5 cup of oats
    .5 unsweetened almond milk
    sprinkled with cinnamon
    leave overnight

and then I mix with 2 tbsp. sugar free syrup in the morning.

sometimes I add banana.
    soooooooooo good
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    What if you made them in to some type of wrap? There are some tortillas that are lower in carbs? Or maybe wrap them with a slice of deli meat. Maybe add some cheese.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Im low cal/low carb. I like to keep my breakfast no more than 200 if I can

Then I got nothing.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    sault_girl wrote: »
    I reallllly need new low calorie but somewhat filling breakfast ideas.
    I'm so burnt put on eating eggs.

What are you guys eating for breakfast ?

If I eat breakfast, I don't limit it to breakfast foods. Sometimes I have salad for breakfast, or deli turkey meat with a slice of cheese and a handful of cherry tomatoes.

I think this is a huge reason I find success. I don't limit myself to conventionally appropriate foods. I often eat "breakfast" for lunch!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It is pretty common to get sick of a diet that's very restrictive. You've got a very low calorie intake, very low carb. All that's left is protein and fat, and you want to stick to traditional breakfast foods. That pretty well translates in to boring. If you'll eat protein and fat for breakfast, try a handful of nuts.
  • JohnnyG760
    JohnnyG760 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll ever get sick of eggs <3

Toast with almond butter, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit...

also: https://www.yahoo.com/food/21-healthy-breakfast-recipes-that-arent-eggs-126935145472.html

Thanks for the link. I'm going to try some of those.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I've been doin the overnight oats in the slow cooker- I add dried fruit and nuts, usually almonds and cherries. My recipe makes enough for two mornings, and sometimes I make patties of the leftovers and quick-fry them (good non-stick pan and you don't even need oil) then top it with nonfat greek yogurt.