share your tiny victories!

Options
13»

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I picked a spinach salad over baked ziti for lunch.
  • rshort2008
    rshort2008 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    10 days straight. Hit my 10000 steps target pretty much every day. And still managed to be in the gym 7 times despite in that period my upper back locking (chiro fixed it) and being in a car accident (nothing too serious). I seriously thought the fat gods were testing me on Friday as those incidents occurred in space of 16 hours.

Even managed to fit a little alcohol in and stay under my limit!

Trying not to be too focused on my weight as I've always weighed myself daily in the past and stressed. I'm all about the before and afters now.
  • jaimemeredith
    jaimemeredith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Slashnl wrote: »
    Made a new low calorie lunch for today, a tuna veggie pita thing! Can't wait to try it.

what's in it? sounds good!!
  • jaimemeredith
    Options
    I took my kids out to dinner tonight and ordered a lean steak with veggies and a lemonade(which I did not finish drinking) . I'm a big fan of burgers and sandwiches with fries and soda(I gave up soda right after xmas), so I consider this a better choice, especially because it was from the "healthy" section of the menu that I usually avoid like the plague.

that's a much better choice! It's all about the tiny steps.
  • jaimemeredith
    Options
    rshort2008 wrote: »
    10 days straight. Hit my 10000 steps target pretty much every day. And still managed to be in the gym 7 times despite in that period my upper back locking (chiro fixed it) and being in a car accident (nothing too serious). I seriously thought the fat gods were testing me on Friday as those incidents occurred in space of 16 hours.

Even managed to fit a little alcohol in and stay under my limit!

Trying not to be too focused on my weight as I've always weighed myself daily in the past and stressed. I'm all about the before and afters now.

that's awesome and inspiring! I need to be hitting my 10,000 step goal..I'm consistently NOT, lol. It's hard with a desk job. I'm going to try to hit it at least twice this week.
  • rshort2008
    Options

that's awesome and inspiring! I need to be hitting my 10,000 step goal..I'm consistently NOT, lol. It's hard with a desk job. I'm going to try to hit it at least twice this week.

Thanks!

I got a dog last year so that helps. I work from home / in the office so I just force myself to get up and walk. Especially at lunch time just walking that little bit extra than I used to. Getting off a tube stop earlier and walking rest of way. Come the evening of I've not hit the limit then I either just go walk till I hit it or make me it up on the treadmill when at the gym.

I just think of it as an extra 400 calories to eat if I need it hah!
  • jaimemeredith
    Options
    rshort2008 wrote: »

Thanks!

I got a dog last year so that helps. I work from home / in the office so I just force myself to get up and walk. Especially at lunch time just walking that little bit extra than I used to. Getting off a tube stop earlier and walking rest of way. Come the evening of I've not hit the limit then I either just go walk till I hit it or make me it up on the treadmill when at the gym.

I just think of it as an extra 400 calories to eat if I need it hah!

lol that's a good way to look at it, I'm going to try walking more on lunch and on the treadmill at the gym. I usually stick to other cardio machines but they don't track steps the right way. thanks for the inspiration!
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Started 21 day workout routine today, which will probably be a 63 day routine, but I am content with that. :)
  • 33Chief
    33Chief Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I ran 5 miles today. Haven't done that in a long time!
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Every day im under my daily calories and push myself to cycle 5 times a week for between 5-9 miles and a 1.5 mile walk just hopng i see good results
  • tchenke14
    tchenke14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really like this idea. I set a goal of 1 bound a week for 6 months and only think about the week not the long term. That helps a lot. I was very pleasantly surprised that when I got on the scale hoping for the 1 pound only to see I lost 3.5! That is my yay for the week!
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I stepped on the scale yesterday and I had lost 2.4 pounds! My first loss of the year :)
  • rshort2008
    Options
    Couldn't sleep so got up (5am) and went to gym. Today was meant to be a rest day but ran 5km for first time since July. Poor time of 29.35 but it's a start.

I like this thread, I'm a long way off any significant success but nice just record minor ones!
  • jaimemeredith
    Options
    It's nice to celebrate the little ones - yesterday I hit my eye goal and worked out for over an hour and a half doing cardio and leg and ab workouts. I was well under my calorie goal too, and today I'm down a little under 2 pounds from Sunday!
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Slashnl wrote: »
    Made a new low calorie lunch for today, a tuna veggie pita thing! Can't wait to try it.

what's in it? sounds good!!

A package of tuna, onion, red pepper, lemon juice, a little olive oil, parsley, pepper. Not fancy, but it was really good!!
  • rshort2008
    Options
    It's nice to celebrate the little ones - yesterday I hit my eye goal and worked out for over an hour and a half doing cardio and leg and ab workouts. I was well under my calorie goal too, and today I'm down a little under 2 pounds from Sunday!

Excellent going! I'm falling asleep on my feet!
  • Doublemeasure
    Doublemeasure Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of smaller (then usual) jeans today. Thought I would keep them in the wardrobe till I could get into them! Before I hung them up I put them on to see if they fitted! WOW, they actually did fit! That is a size 20 from a size 28 (UK sizes) when I started this weight loss effort in September 2014. They are the smallest pair of trousers I have bought for 30 years! Roll on the size 18!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!