University/College Students Over 200lbs

Options
Hi all!

I'm a 21 year old social work and sociology double major, graduating this spring! I've used my fitness pal before, actually, I think I started logging when I was in high school. I've never really stuck with it. I've been struggling with some pretty serious mental health issues and the medication I was taking, along with the low mood and overeating, has skyrocketed me up to the highest weight I've ever been.

I'd love to meet some other university/college students who have a lot to lose (and maybe don't have a lot of money to do it with, which is always a struggle!)

Starting Weight: 250lbs
Current Weight: 250lbs
Goal Weight: 200lbs
Ultimate Goal Weight: 165lbs

~Emily

Replies

• MeganD_96
    MeganD_96 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 19 years old and currently studying at the Open University and right now I'm bouncing between 200.4 and 202.6! My ultimate goal weight is 130lbs. I'll send you a friend request!
  • Jivedria205
    Jivedria205 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a 25 year old graduate student. I've used MFP before as well but never stick with it. I used Weight Watchers in 2012 and was able to lose 40 lbs but the meetings just become so expensive. Now that my weight has skyrocketed in the last two years from 250 to over 300lbs I'm looking to start my weight loss journey again and stick with it.
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and currently 264, and 5'9". I'm a fifth year undergrad this year and have been trying to lose weight since I gained a ton my sophomore year. Because I am finishing school in March (but hoping to start a masters in summer) I'm really trying to get down to a good weight because I have a little more free time than usual to exercise etc. My ultimate goal weight is 168, but for now I'm aiming for under 250... I'll send you a friend request!
  • Jetamu96
    Jetamu96 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 and hoping to lose 80 lbs :)
  • Pencil_Hearts
    Pencil_Hearts Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 23 and I'm actually going back to my community college this spring. I'm currently around 215 but my weight goal is 150.

Everyone needs support! I find it easier with friends on here! Anyone can add me as a friend!
  • emilyvictoria7
    emilyvictoria7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ah you all make me so happy :smile: It's been cool getting to know you all! I have faith in us that we will make it!
  • emilyvictoria7
    emilyvictoria7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bumping this post for any other uni students over 200lbs with 50+ to lose!