Weight Loss PLANNING App?

Options
I am fairly new to MFP, but not new to weight loss..

I am looking for some kind of app/website/program that can help me set very specific weight loss goal based on diet & work out.

As an example: I can set something like 1kg/week as target, but shows how I need to play around with diet and work out to meet that goal. MFP offers something very basic, but there is no leeway in terms of adjusting calorie intake to see what happens with the weight loss goal.

Can anyone please help? Thanks!

Replies

• harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    What kind of features are you looking for? Input your current weight, and desired weight into MFP and it'll calculate a daily calorie limit. Stay within this calorie limit consistently and you'll reach your goal weight. You can also update your weight at anytime, and MFP will re-adjust the daily calorie limit for you.
  • jsuh1993
    jsuh1993 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What kind of features are you looking for? Input your current weight, and desired weight into MFP and it'll calculate a daily calorie limit. Stay within this calorie limit consistently and you'll reach your goal weight. You can also update your weight at anytime, and MFP will re-adjust the daily calorie limit for you.

Right now, MFP is forcing me to take in 1410 or so in calories. I am trying to take in less + Work out more to see if what kind of goals I can achieve. Right now things are capped at 1kg/week. I am looking for something that is more flexible..
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    More flexible how, is I think what was being asked. Your post sounds a little confused and possible like you don't understand the method behind how MFP is intended to function.

Would you mind going into more details regarding what you are looking to accomplish and possibly the reason why? It's easier to give advice if you provide us with more details regarding what you are trying to accomplish, how, and a time frame.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    jsuh1993 wrote: »

Right now, MFP is forcing me to take in 1410 or so in calories. I am trying to take in less + Work out more to see if what kind of goals I can achieve. Right now things are capped at 1kg/week. I am looking for something that is more flexible..

If you are just wanting to see a "what if" in theory, you can play around with the math yourself. To lose 1kg/week, you eat at your maintenance calories -1000; if you wanted to lose 2kg/week, you'd eat at your maintenance calories - 2000 (and once you do that math, you'll see why most people can't lose 2kg/week).

Math is well and good, but weight loss on the scale is not linear. There's all sorts of guessing you can do, but it's often difficult to predict what the scale will say. Water fluctuations, stress, glcyogen stores, there's just tons of factors that affect scale weight.
  • kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This app is great for me lost more than 11 pounds so far!