Aged 61 and looking for a few friends for mutual support toward achieving goals.

Options
I have battled extra pounds all my life; I have also been very fit and trim for much of the battle. Now at 61 I feel less motivated and focussed on working so hard at fitness and weight maintenance. And it was a challenging last year with the result of my gaining 22 pounds! I am now 155 lbs - just over a year ago I was 133 lbs and fit.

I have developed a new approach toward achieving my goals: get real with my age and abilities. Now I am doing age appropriate workouts i.e., walking & running, instead of just running hard; more low impact Zumba instead of high impact sessions. I've had decades of healthy eating and have resumed this path, after last year's anomaly of high fat and high carb undisciplined dining.

I'm looking for 'friends' who want to share the journey and support one another. This is a first for me, I've always had the fortitude to go it alone. At this time in my life I would enjoy the exchange of friends as we all try to achieve our individual goals that result in great health and vitality.

Would you like to join me, and a few others?

Replies

• LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request. You might want to check the link I sent you to find more like-minded friends.
  • swwass130
    swwass130 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I will be 60 this year and I also feel less motivated to work out and eat heathy. I don't cook very much so we go out often. I too have worked out and eaten sensibly for years, but in the last year I have slacked on regular exercise and eating correctly. I have come to dread the text from my trainer, which I just received, to schedule my workout tomorrow. How can I find that lost motivation? I would love to lose 20 lbs for my daughters wedding in 2017
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,145 Member
    Options
    I'm 64, and have been "dieting" for years. I have finally realized that it is a lifestyle change, not a temporary diet. So I am simply cutting down on portions, and replacing some of the junk food with more healthy choices. It is working, and I am not craving (so much) like I did with diets. I started in Nov 2015, and have done OK. Please feel free to add me if you wish.